13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Went to Awesome Concert Other Day EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Went to Awesome Concert Other Day EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Went to Awesome Concert Other Day EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Went to Awesome Concert Other Day EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Went to Awesome Concert Other Day EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Went to Awesome Concert Other Day EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Went to Awesome Concert Other Day EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Went to Awesome Concert Other Day EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Went to Awesome Concert Other Day EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

Went to Awesome Concert Other Day

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Deezius
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Deezius

Went to Awesome Concert Other Day Empty
PostSubject: Went to Awesome Concert Other Day   Went to Awesome Concert Other Day EmptyThu May 26, 2011 8:31 pm

Well, I love going to live music shows. This time I got my funky heavy rock mood out and went to the Primus show in Dallas yesterday, and it was sweet! Heres a video I found someone recorded at the show, takes a couple minutes before it goes off!:

It was their opening song, and it was crazy the second Claypool (lead singer/bassist) Started hitting that heavy bass lick. Me and my friend told everyone around us that we were gonna start the mosh pit. Some people are idiots though, and are all cuddly wuddly with their girlfriends close to the stage. The second the crowd started swaying at about 2:45 seconds, their was this short stupid 5 ft girl that found herself in the middle of a large group mosh. I literally wrapped her up to keep her from suffocating, and pushing her to the front of the stage barrier to security. I yelled in her ear, "probably should stay outta the crowd during the rock show." She was all mad, but a number of minutes into the video when the crowd is jumping like crazy, near the center stage area you can see me toss her over the rail to security, hard to make out with this bad quality video. Rest of the show went wild crazy. People were token, drinkin and having a hell of a time.

So yeah, small women, stay out of the crowd when a band that people mosh too is playing. Anyone else have some awesome concert experiences they wanna talk about?
Back to top Go down
Cmdr. Michael
Corporal
Corporal
Cmdr. Michael

PostSubject: Re: Went to Awesome Concert Other Day   Went to Awesome Concert Other Day EmptyThu May 26, 2011 8:38 pm

Intro was sweet lol
Back to top Go down
http://13thmeu.forum.net
Taylorsux
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Taylorsux

PostSubject: Re: Went to Awesome Concert Other Day   Went to Awesome Concert Other Day EmptyFri May 27, 2011 12:52 am

I was there Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Deezius
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Deezius

PostSubject: Re: Went to Awesome Concert Other Day   Went to Awesome Concert Other Day EmptyFri May 27, 2011 2:27 am

buuuuuullllllshiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick lol
Back to top Go down
Trister
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Trister

PostSubject: Re: Went to Awesome Concert Other Day   Went to Awesome Concert Other Day EmptyFri May 27, 2011 2:33 am

ironbat wrote:
I literally wrapped her up to keep her from suffocating, and pushing her to the front of the stage barrier to security

Is that how you pick up women or just a way to grope them. lol

I haven't heard or seen Primus in a long time. Last concert I went to was Oxxfest 2009 in Maine. It was a bunch of small town bands. My grilfriend's friend's band was playing there called Age of End. Other than that it was no big deal.

Last mosh pit I remember was Ozzfest. Won't tell you want year. Or maybe it was RiverRave. But out of nowhere I felt a cool wind on my back. As I turn, I see the massive circle being formed for a pit and in that split second I got whaled onto the ground. By what and how, I couldn't tell you. I got up and started watching. It wasn't one of those pansie moshes where people just bumped shoulders and pushed. People were throwing fists, elbows, kicking, and swinging their arms into the air. Whoever got in the way got hit and sometimes hit good. Some fell, some bled. Even cringed at some of the blows. Maybe if I was drunk enough I would have jumped in...Ya ok! But all I could think was that S*** is crazy. I've only seen one other mosh pit like that since.
Back to top Go down
Deezius
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Deezius

PostSubject: Re: Went to Awesome Concert Other Day   Went to Awesome Concert Other Day EmptyFri May 27, 2011 4:08 am

Lol I was actually trying to be protective. Wasn't might fault if I caught a feel here and their. Either way she was long gone after that few second experience haha.

As for that shows pit, it wasn't as near intense. Some fists and bows, but Primus isn't a kill or be killed kind of mosh band. Now the most intense kind of mosh pit for any current band I know of is Lamb of God. Now its said to be illegal for them to call for the wall of death or pit circles, because people have died in them. But if the crowd starts one, It is harsh. Next show my friend is talking about getting tickets for is Mayhem Fest. With Disturbed, Godsmack, Megadeth, and a lot of other bands. I will be going to another show this tuesday, for my job haha, to promote hed pe and Mushroomhead. That will be a great show
Back to top Go down
Taylorsux
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Taylorsux

PostSubject: Re: Went to Awesome Concert Other Day   Went to Awesome Concert Other Day EmptyFri May 27, 2011 9:24 am

Yeah lamb of god...Scary S***.... I really want to go to one of there concerts but im just to small.
Back to top Go down
Marcuz
Sergeant
Sergeant
Marcuz

PostSubject: Re: Went to Awesome Concert Other Day   Went to Awesome Concert Other Day EmptySun May 29, 2011 12:49 pm

Well i myself and my friends always go to a Rock festival every summer, and its again next month, gonna see alot of big bands once again, last year i saw Rammstein and it was EPIC!!! nothing compared to this smaller type of bands

This summer i will see

S.O.A.D (system of a down)
Avenged Sevenfold
and alotta others i cant remember atm... Smile
Back to top Go down
Deezius
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Deezius

PostSubject: Re: Went to Awesome Concert Other Day   Went to Awesome Concert Other Day EmptySun May 29, 2011 3:15 pm

SOAD and A7X, Hellllzzzzz yeah lol are you talking about Download Festival? Big fan of both bands. And dang your attractive profile pictures!
Back to top Go down
Marcuz
Sergeant
Sergeant
Marcuz

PostSubject: Re: Went to Awesome Concert Other Day   Went to Awesome Concert Other Day EmptySun May 29, 2011 5:36 pm

Talking about a Finnish festival called ProvinssiRock
Back to top Go down
GhostOps21
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
GhostOps21

PostSubject: Re: Went to Awesome Concert Other Day   Went to Awesome Concert Other Day EmptySun May 29, 2011 8:12 pm

Yeah, I think there is a size limit to avatars, but I think you can break it Marcuz...

Anyways, my friends and I have started a tradition of seeing Mayhem Fest, and they've all been awesome as HELL. Totally loved it, and we may or may not have engaged in the partaking of pot, and mosh pits, but yeah, excited for this year, it'll be our last group is together before college/life.

And marcuz, I wish I lived in Europe. The possibility to see Rammstein, Eisbrecher, Megaherz, and all of my favorite German/European bands would fulfill my life. I think Rammstein is doing a few shows in the US for the first time in like over a decade, but they filled up insanely fast, so hopefully they'll come back for more shows!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Went to Awesome Concert Other Day   Went to Awesome Concert Other Day Empty

Back to top Go down

Went to Awesome Concert Other Day

View previous topic View next topic Back to top