13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Time to get Practice Under Control EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Time to get Practice Under Control EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Time to get Practice Under Control EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Time to get Practice Under Control EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Time to get Practice Under Control EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Time to get Practice Under Control EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Time to get Practice Under Control EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Time to get Practice Under Control EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Time to get Practice Under Control EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

Time to get Practice Under Control

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jensin
Corporal
Corporal

Time to get Practice Under Control Empty
PostSubject: Time to get Practice Under Control   Time to get Practice Under Control EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 10:06 pm

So i went to todays practice and we really need to get this under control and start acting like a Clan instead of a bunch of people doing random stuff.

Things people need to do while in a clan match.
1. Get in Vent, If you are not in vent where people can talk to you easily, get out of the game, because quite frankly its way to annoying to have to type everything you say.
2. Use vent responsibility. If your just saying random stuff, or eating while your talking on vent and making yourself understand, just stop talking so other people with actual useful information pertains to the practice can talk. I saw this alot
3. Listen to Orders. If some1 gives you an order or says listen up. Listen up.
4. Practice tactics and such in real combat situations. That doesn't mean making up rules and what not because in a real game it will not be like that and we will not be ready for a real match for it will be teaching us the wrong things.
5. Have a plan for that practice made out before doing said practice. Dont go in there guns blazing, we need to figure out what we need to work on and what we need to do, and execute said things appropriately and efficiently.
6. If we have our own server to ourselves, practice specific tactics and points of interest. Ill compose of different things we should be doing in a practice in our own server

If we have a server to ourselves
The following things are plans for our practice.

1. Communication Exercises
A. Oman- Airstrike Corporation. In this instance we will have one team go in all vehicles. This team will proceed to drive around the map and move around as much as possible. The other team will then have 2 people go into their planes. The rest of the team will go into the Field and travel as a squad with tactical spacing. Absolutely under no circumstances will either teams fire upon each other. The only players that are allowed to use their weapons are the Planes. The Ground forces of the team with the planes will talk to the pilots and coordinate air strikes. They will relay information such as location, surrounding Terran (Trees or Cranes or Buildings) and the direction of the target. After a plane has destroyed a target successfully, the players that died in the vehicle will remains at their base and await till all vehicles are destroyed. Then the tables will turn and we will do the same exercise except the other team will be the planes and the other team will be the vehicles. This is great for working on communication and great for the Pilots to get good at bombing targets.
B. Any Map- POI Exercise (Points of Interest). It will be in this exercise that we will train all of the soldiers to know different points of interest on the map. Such as Crane, Hotel, Hill, Roof, and other things on each map. This will allow us to use simple words like Targets on top of Roof, and since they have been trained they will know exactly where that is.
C. Codenames- It would be advisable to categorize each thing in the game with a short name for easier communication, if it is needed. Similar to the POI exercise, but it pertains to anything in the game.

2. Combat Exercises
A. Attack and Defend- The way this exercise is works is you have 2 squads on each team. Each team will attack each other, however they must also defend their own base. This is because in a real game, one team wont just be defending the entire time. This will make us assign jobs and tactics in order to complete our objectives. So like on Shariq, we could assign 2 SMs to be stationed on Hill and watch the side that B is on. The rest of the squad will proceed through the Flanking Path (Which needs a codename). The flanking squad will keep enemies suppressed (if any) on that side while the 2 or more players will keep suppression fire on the attack enemies from the other team.
B. Attack Exercises- These will be used to teach our players different methods to assault the flags instead of going in there head on. we will train them in the different paths you can take and areas of interest to watch out for when attack flags. '

It will also be during the practices that if any one would find something that they need to point out, they will say it. Such as seeing a player leave an armor unattained in the middle of a fight, and other things like that. The main point of this post is that if we are going to flourish as a successful, well known, and elite clan in the BF p4f universe we need to start practicing. I heard some players saying that they want to have fun and what not, but thats why you play with your clan members during Non-practice times. When we coordinate these things and we are able to get a majority of our squads on one server all at once, we need to practice the important things that will aid us during Clan battles. We can then use the things we learned and trained during live random battles which will help us use these tactics even battle because you can not predict what the other players are doing.

These are just a few of the things we could do while in a practice. We really need to start making plans up before practices and our players need to demonstrate the discipline, experience, and respect during practices that one should come to expect out of a MEU member. If you have any more plans, or things you'd like to point out please do below. But keep them mature, not bashing other players and what not.

Last edited by Jensin on Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fix title)
Back to top Go down
Grim.Reefer
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Grim.Reefer

PostSubject: Re: Time to get Practice Under Control   Time to get Practice Under Control EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 10:21 pm

I was so down to do all those today but no one wanted to listen, didnt have mics, or just wanted to have fun. Theres a difference between server raids and practice. Weve had at least 3 server raids this week and I wanna start getting serious and using strategy. thats why i love Battlefield games it is possible for teamwork and strategy unlike Call of Duty games.

So guys please go invest in a mic, just go get a cheap mic thats only $10. I bought my mic for $15 and have had it for 6+ years. Still works fine. Frankly if you dont want to do teamwork and get serious dont show up for practice. We have plenty of server raids outside of practice.
Back to top Go down
FlamingBear
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
FlamingBear

PostSubject: Re: Time to get Practice Under Control   Time to get Practice Under Control EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 10:22 pm

Jensin is right are practice are messy there not even really practices so i agree with Jensin
Back to top Go down
Grim.Reefer
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Grim.Reefer

PostSubject: Re: Time to get Practice Under Control   Time to get Practice Under Control EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 10:24 pm

Also if you guys want I will make a map and label it with codenames for flank paths buildings and such.
Back to top Go down
Jensin
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Time to get Practice Under Control   Time to get Practice Under Control EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 10:29 pm

Thats a good idea grim, but will people really listen and remember this stuff. I think like a day or two before a practice, we need to decide what we will practice on and post it and make sure every1 reads this. This will also tell us whose reading the forums and not. Once we have the plans we will do it in game. I mean if people can remember those maps im all down, i know i do lol. I mean ive seen some BF2 serious clans and they use some serious strategy while playing these games, and come BF3 we will be playing with the Big Dogs then and we need to start acting one like ourselves.
Back to top Go down
Jensin
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Time to get Practice Under Control   Time to get Practice Under Control EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 10:30 pm

We also need fireteams in each squad once we reach a certain population. So We can assign fireteams to do certain objectives and perform task, and also keep them vary. Like having a medic that can rez in each fireteam will be extremely beneficial.
Back to top Go down
Grim.Reefer
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Grim.Reefer

PostSubject: Re: Time to get Practice Under Control   Time to get Practice Under Control EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 10:38 pm

Broncos is big enough for fireteams im sure. and Ill try and make the maps and what not. and if no1 reads it whatever, at least i tried haha.
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: Time to get Practice Under Control   Time to get Practice Under Control EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 10:41 pm

I think everyone having a mic is needed. Can I get a new one at like Walmart or something? Where can I get one (at retail) in person?

And I thought there were too many snipers today, especially some lone-wolfing while we were organizing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.13thmeu.net
Grim.Reefer
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Grim.Reefer

PostSubject: Re: Time to get Practice Under Control   Time to get Practice Under Control EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 10:44 pm

Yes you can get mics at Walmart for pretty cheap. and if they brake Walmart has a good return policy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
FlamingBear
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
FlamingBear

PostSubject: Re: Time to get Practice Under Control   Time to get Practice Under Control EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 10:45 pm

Im sure you can get them at Wal-Mart or Gamestop
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: Time to get Practice Under Control   Time to get Practice Under Control EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 10:49 pm

Aite aite Smile How hard is it to set it up?
Back to top Go down
http://www.13thmeu.net
FlamingBear
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
FlamingBear

PostSubject: Re: Time to get Practice Under Control   Time to get Practice Under Control EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 10:51 pm

You just plug it in to the mic or head set port in your computer
Back to top Go down
Grim.Reefer
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Grim.Reefer

PostSubject: Re: Time to get Practice Under Control   Time to get Practice Under Control EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 10:52 pm

Yeah what flame said. Nothing special no need to download anything.
Back to top Go down
FlamingBear
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
FlamingBear

PostSubject: Re: Time to get Practice Under Control   Time to get Practice Under Control EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 11:25 pm

About the guys in the sky I could do the jet thing im really good at that
Back to top Go down
splintercellsz
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
splintercellsz

PostSubject: Re: Time to get Practice Under Control   Time to get Practice Under Control EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 11:49 pm

Earlier today, Sazando anc I were sniping. While we sniped, we called targets, told the other where to look, including our team. So technially "sniper overwatch". We should use this tactic more, as it allows tewamates to know where high priority areas are.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/splintercellsz?feature=mhum
Deezius
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Deezius

PostSubject: Re: Time to get Practice Under Control   Time to get Practice Under Control EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 12:00 am

Well the negative thing is we don't have our own server, so we were met with troubles of other players, not being able to organize whos on what side. My team at first had almost nothing but snipers.

As for tactics, I have made tactical playbooks already, and working on one for sharqi if someone could provide a clear map of the small area. If you research some of that, and wish to label some of the moves, then post in those thread. if you wanna make one your own, then do so to be added to the list. That information is available for all 13th MEU to use, discuss, and share information.

As for team organization, yes, we do need to start working on that more. I think we just got carried away with waiting on our own server that we just started having overly fun and lack of direction. When people say its time to get serious, especially if its a commanding officer, then do so.

As for your question bronx, I actually use a headset I got at walmart for like 25 bucks, but you can get a slightly cheaper but still solid one for 20 bucks. Their usually logitec headsets or something.

13th MEU BRONCOS!! GET BUCK!!
Back to top Go down
Grim.Reefer
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Grim.Reefer

PostSubject: Re: Time to get Practice Under Control   Time to get Practice Under Control EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 12:08 am

Yeah but we basically had our own server today. only 2 non clan members. When we said that we needed to get serious no one listened and just started running everywhere. People started before we said to start and everyone kept saying it wasnt the time for some reason. very rarely have we come across a server that was completely empty
Back to top Go down
FlamingBear
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
FlamingBear

PostSubject: Re: Time to get Practice Under Control   Time to get Practice Under Control EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 12:14 am

Thats why I suggested the PTE servers until we can get our own there almost empty all the time
Back to top Go down
Stahlmann
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Stahlmann

PostSubject: Re: Time to get Practice Under Control   Time to get Practice Under Control EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 12:30 am

Yeah
I Agree with Jensin and Grim
Some guys just stay running and shooting
I was playing it, however I left soon after I joined

Some guys don't even log on ventrilo =/
Back to top Go down
Grim.Reefer
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Grim.Reefer

PostSubject: Re: Time to get Practice Under Control   Time to get Practice Under Control EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 12:31 am

Some guys dont even have vent installed. and as for the PTE im sure someone is going to give an excuse as to why they cant download PTE and were gunna have to stay using the regular version. I hope this isnt the case though
Back to top Go down
Deezius
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Deezius

PostSubject: Re: Time to get Practice Under Control   Time to get Practice Under Control EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 12:36 am

Yeah, I agree. Peopl download xfire, but most people don't use xfire all the time because well, it can cause lag at times. I believe vent should also be added to the list of needed things to play. It is a great tool. I'm starting to notice that Bronco's run the vent and Eagles run the xfire lol
Back to top Go down
Grim.Reefer
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Grim.Reefer

PostSubject: Re: Time to get Practice Under Control   Time to get Practice Under Control EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 12:43 am

I usually never log into xfire. Vent is all I use or I just type in-game
Back to top Go down
Widghet
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Widghet

PostSubject: Re: Time to get Practice Under Control   Time to get Practice Under Control EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 9:49 am

I have a good gaming rig so I have xfire up almost constantly, but I mainly use vent when I'm ingame. I agree the vent should be a requirement, even without a mic, you need to listen. To be honest, for those who don't know, I am a US Marine in real life. And, as SA, I want to bring that experience and knowledge to your Civilians. In a game like this it is easy to understand and teach. But it requires everyone to listen and learn. It will take time but if we do as jensin and you all are suggesting, then it will be easy.

Untill we get our own server that we can control teams and who is in game with us, this is what I suggest. Just as splinter said about "sniper overwatch" that is exactly what snipers are ment to do. Find a home and cover that side. Spot targets, tag targets, and snipe people. They should be the only ones "camping" but even then, you gotta move when you been discovered or just to get better angles and such.

Every class has a role and people need to start playing that role. If your assult, then you are then main infantry and ammo guy. in a fireteam, or even just as your running around, drop ammon packs near people incase they need ammo. Expecially in sniper spots. If your a medic, your main goal is to keep people alive, so drop your med-kits, and get the panels and use them. Use your gun only when needed. Engineer, when someone calls a vehicle and marks it, that is your job to take it out. Again, drop what your doing and take it out. Sure gernades can work, but it ussally takes all 4 and sometiems that dont take it out. and gernades are useful for taking out someone behind cover or groups. So that is your job.

The point is, if you don't like your role, change classes. Plain as that. We need to get focused on practices and start trained to be Marines, even if it is just ingame. That fact is Marines have a reputation and right now we, as a clan, are not living up to it. As a Marine is real life, that was the first thing that turned me to this clan, I love the Marine Corps and will till I die. That passion is what makes a US Marine the worlds most deadliest weapon. I hope i'm not overstepping my bounds, but that is what I want from every 13th MEU member. Yes this is a game and we want to have fun, but what I am trying to say is this will be fun, to utterly stomp out people.

You want to know why people think I hack, it is because I apply my training to this game. How to terkey peek, how to "cut the pie", how to clear buildings, all these things. I can teach everyone these things. Could you see the whole squad, even just a few of us, and we do a server raid with tactics even just us, and we not only top the charts, but have less deaths, most kills, and cause people to quit cause we are too good. You know how sometimes you keep getting killed by the same guy, lets make others feel that same way. Let your name be the one they see everytime they die. We can do this.

In closing of this massively long winded speech, and I didn't mean for it to be this long, I am sorry, but I will speak with bronx and modern and get practices more organized. I just want to say to the squad as a whole. I don't care what the eagles are doing, or anyone else in the MEU, but as for us Broncos, we will live up to the Title, Marine. OOH RAH!!!!!!! and Semper Fi.
Back to top Go down
Cmdr. Michael
Corporal
Corporal
Cmdr. Michael

PostSubject: Re: Time to get Practice Under Control   Time to get Practice Under Control EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 11:16 am

+1 Grim Reefer. Do I do log onto Xfire before game to notify members of practice, I hardly ever use Vent and find in-game chat and mics good enough. Though, I would like to point out, if you can afford a $10 headset from Office Max or Staples it is worth getting. Vent is free, and when we do use it, it sounds great and works great. So yeah, we aren't trying to make practice 100% formal and ready and tactical. All though I do recommend Vent on during game, Xfire is unneeded. You are there to have fun, to learn new tatics, to make new buds, learn tactics about the map, and most importantly, I'll say it again, to have fun. I do agree that if you can afford it it is a good investment. But it should not be something mandatory. Again, xfire is something I don't enjoy very much. Voice on it isn't as good as Vent, and Chat on it is obnoxious because you always have to click on the chat window then back on the window frame that has your game, then click back to the xfire to chat on something, and so-forth. Plus even with my gaming rig I can notice the annoyance and the mini-lag it can give. So if we are going to have to use something in-game let it not be xfire. Because until xfire updates it's software to include most games in it's "in-game" thing it's not good to use. If a squadmate doesn't want to install Vent don't make him.
Back to top Go down
http://13thmeu.forum.net
Widghet
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Widghet

PostSubject: Re: Time to get Practice Under Control   Time to get Practice Under Control EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 12:22 pm

My thoughts on xfire or vent, we need to pick one, atleast within the various squads. We will have problems getting together and working together if not everyone in the same squad is using the same VOIP program. Wether we pick one to use for the whole MEU is on Bronx, but as for the squads, I don't see an issue with letting the squads themselves or atleast the SL of them pick. Either way, there needs to be alittle more uniform.

And to Cmdr. Muchael, sir, I didn't mean in my post to make it sound like I wanted to take the fun out of the game. I do enjoy the game and want to allow others to enjoy it and have fun as well. My personal beliefs is that in a game such as this, tactics are part of the fun and, if used properly, amplify it. Expecially when you go aginst other clans and such. Tactics win the game. Those who just "Rambo" thru don't do much. Take myself for example, currently when I play my assult in game, I mostly rambo thru and sure I have the highest score ussally and the most kills, but normaly I have the most deaths also, and my team only sometimes wins. There have been several times where I have scored and killed well above any one else on the map, but my team still got slaughtered in the end cause I can't win by my self.

The point is, I am very competetive and I want to win. I enjoy a good match and will accept a loss if it is to a superior team. I hate losing cause my team just runs around and can't focus. Even if it is just a few of us, when we do a server raid and we got like 10 MEU on the server, that can easily turn into a 5v5 with some random people for flavor. But we can still work together and do tactics, calling targets, playing our roles, and accomplish what we came to do, win the map and have fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time to get Practice Under Control   Time to get Practice Under Control Empty

Back to top Go down

Time to get Practice Under Control

View previous topic View next topic Back to top