13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Home is Where the War is... EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Home is Where the War is... EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Home is Where the War is... EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Home is Where the War is... EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Home is Where the War is... EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Home is Where the War is... EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Home is Where the War is... EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Home is Where the War is... EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Home is Where the War is... EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

Home is Where the War is...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Public Affairs
Site Member

Home is Where the War is... Empty
PostSubject: Home is Where the War is...   Home is Where the War is... EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 1:00 am

Written By: GhostOps21

Homefront’s release is just on the dawn. No demo or beta will surface leaving many gamers in question or worry. Nonetheless, many gamers are still looking forward to the game.

Homefront was developed by the creators (Kaos Studios) of Frontlines: Fuel of War, a game I personally played in the heyday. It was one of those decent games, that received little attention, but if it would’ve had a larger player-base, would’ve been a decent overall game. And the opposite has occurred for Homefront, which has seen a pretty big marketing campaign and website ( http://www.homefront-game.com/ ). Their site contains an intriguing interactive timeline of events leading up to Homefront.

An article had surfaced that revealed the first three chapters ( http://www.shacknews.com/article/67598/homefront-preview-the-first-three Which can be read here ) over two weeks ago, which showed a glitchy, unpolished game. This has lead to concern of the status of Homefront, which in this gamer’s opinion, is pretty scary for a game to release very soon. But we are left in the dark whether this was an alpha build, or what, but this close to launch, we should be seeing a very near perfect game, with minimal polishing to happen. So we can hope that Kaos is ready for March 15th.

“Homefront's PC version has been outsourced to Digital Extremes, a Canadian developer responsible for numerous Unreal Tournament games and Bioshock ports. Frank Delise, the executive producer of the PC version has stated that the PC version of the game will feature exclusive content and dedicated servers. Additional exclusive features include clan support, DirectX 11 graphics, and first person vehicle cockpits. It has also been confirmed that Homefront will be released on Steam, as well as the OnLive gaming service. Also, spectator mode and demorecording will be included along with a dedicated server executable, server tools and RCON.”

So overall, we have a mix of optimism, and concern, which isn’t too healthy for a near releasing game. And hopefully Kaos can bring something new to the FPS genre. We won’t know until March 15th, but until then I encourage you to view the timeline ( http://www.homefront-game.com/#/timeline ) and to watch some videos.

Back to top Go down
PigMazurka
Site Member

PostSubject: Re: Home is Where the War is...   Home is Where the War is... EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 2:00 am

I've already got it pre-ordered for OnLive, so I'm pretty hyped up.
Back to top Go down
Purplevine4
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Purplevine4

PostSubject: Re: Home is Where the War is...   Home is Where the War is... EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 1:00 pm

Pre-Ordered at HMV! COME ON WOOOT!
Im gonna start recruiting for the Homefront PS3 Squad and hopefully we can bring in a good 20 members. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
totalwarrior6780
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
totalwarrior6780

PostSubject: Re: Home is Where the War is...   Home is Where the War is... EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 1:10 pm

Wait did that say it was still buggy

Hopefuly they delay it if it's not finished or that's unfair on anyone getting it
Back to top Go down
duckondrugs
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
duckondrugs

PostSubject: Re: Home is Where the War is...   Home is Where the War is... EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 1:29 pm

im gonna help purple with the recruiting. the reason they wont make a demo is tht they want to make the best game possible and dont want to pull members off the team just to make a demo
Back to top Go down
Purplevine4
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Purplevine4

PostSubject: Re: Home is Where the War is...   Home is Where the War is... EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 1:30 pm

duckondrugs wrote:
im gonna help purple with the recruiting. the reason they wont make a demo is tht they want to make the best game possible and dont want to pull members off the team just to make a demo
Damn right you will! Razz cherry

Last edited by Purplevine4 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
duckondrugs
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
duckondrugs

PostSubject: Re: Home is Where the War is...   Home is Where the War is... EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 1:33 pm

wheres the cherry! Mad
Back to top Go down
totalwarrior6780
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
totalwarrior6780

PostSubject: Re: Home is Where the War is...   Home is Where the War is... EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 1:53 pm

Hmmm if it's not buggy then I may get it

But then I'd have to give up on buying Steel Rain DLC :/

Oh what to do
Back to top Go down
PigMazurka
Site Member

PostSubject: Re: Home is Where the War is...   Home is Where the War is... EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 8:27 pm

duckondrugs wrote:

Making a demo doesn't take a full team, it's essentially copying and pasting a singular mission, or part of a mission, from the campaign that doesn't give off any spoilers and shows the game mechanics off well.

It's never likely that a developer will make a specific level for a demo that won't actually be in the full game.
Back to top Go down
Purplevine4
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Purplevine4

PostSubject: Re: Home is Where the War is...   Home is Where the War is... EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 8:28 pm

PigMazurka wrote:
duckondrugs wrote:

Making a demo doesn't take a full team, it's essentially copying and pasting a singular mission, or part of a mission, from the campaign that doesn't give off any spoilers and shows the game mechanics off well.

It's never likely that a developer will make a specific level for a demo that won't actually be in the full game.
Hey piglet (lol) we havnt spoken in what...like a month after i joined whatsup bruva?! cherry
Back to top Go down
PigMazurka
Site Member

PostSubject: Re: Home is Where the War is...   Home is Where the War is... EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 8:32 pm

Purplevine4 wrote:
PigMazurka wrote:
duckondrugs wrote:

Hey piglet (lol) we havnt spoken in what...like a month after i joined whatsup bruva?! cherry

Lots.

I play a lot on OnLive now, and I have a DeviantART page up (which I'm too fucking lazy to update).

http://pigmazurka.deviantart.com/

As we speak I'm going to add two more pictures.
Back to top Go down
RJ_Whitlock_9mm
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
RJ_Whitlock_9mm

PostSubject: Re: Home is Where the War is...   Home is Where the War is... EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 8:33 pm

This game looks just like MAG.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/rjwhitlock89
Purplevine4
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Purplevine4

PostSubject: Re: Home is Where the War is...   Home is Where the War is... EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 8:34 pm

PigMazurka wrote:
Purplevine4 wrote:
PigMazurka wrote:
duckondrugs wrote:

Lots.

I play a lot on OnLive now, and I have a DeviantART page up (which I'm too fucking lazy to update).

http://pigmazurka.deviantart.com/

As we speak I'm going to add two more pictures.
Lol, Ill check out OnLive when i get around to it..
...they should replace the whole meaning of the word strength with effort, im just saying! cherry Razz
Back to top Go down
PigMazurka
Site Member

PostSubject: Re: Home is Where the War is...   Home is Where the War is... EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 8:39 pm

RJ_Whitlock wrote:

Woah woah woah, what?
Back to top Go down
TheHitman007PR
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
TheHitman007PR

PostSubject: Re: Home is Where the War is...   Home is Where the War is... EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 8:57 pm

Quote :
Ageed 100% But i Prefer MAG more i not have MAG But i played and i look the new Video of Homefront Multiplayer and MAG Looks Way Better.Remember Homefront is a Combination of of Call of Duty Style,Battlefield Maps(Size) & Vehicles(HF only have 3 Vehicles) and MAG Battlepoints system Or Comander Mode(Whatever) But With that Combination Homefront Dont Beat any of those 3 games(Because They Dont have a good Engine or Skill on making games) i Just Wait For a Price Drop When it gets to 40$ (Like 1 Month)so You Will See me in Homefront like in april (When it gets to 40$)Playing with the TPR Showing True TeamPlay Like we do in KZ3.Remember Hitman is a Team Player.
Back to top Go down
PigMazurka
Site Member

PostSubject: Re: Home is Where the War is...   Home is Where the War is... EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 9:07 pm

RJ_Whitlock wrote:

I own M.A.G., and this looks nothing like it...
Back to top Go down
Jeffay123
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Jeffay123

PostSubject: Re: Home is Where the War is...   Home is Where the War is... EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 11:52 pm

and MAG wasn't all that great anyways, this is gonna be better. MAG just annoyed me. I wont be getting this (probably) but it still looks great!
Back to top Go down
GhostOps21
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
GhostOps21

PostSubject: Re: Home is Where the War is...   Home is Where the War is... EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 12:03 am

Hm..seems like the 13th is still pretty split. Myself, I'm not really sure. I want it to be an awesome game, but not looking the best. I'm going to wait for reviews.
Back to top Go down
RJ_Whitlock_9mm
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
RJ_Whitlock_9mm

PostSubject: Re: Home is Where the War is...   Home is Where the War is... EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 12:43 am

PigMazurka wrote:
RJ_Whitlock wrote:

Owned MAG, Played MAG, Traded MAG, and this looks a lot like it.
Back to top Go down
Cmdr. Michael
Corporal
Corporal
Cmdr. Michael

PostSubject: Re: Home is Where the War is...   Home is Where the War is... EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 12:47 am

RJ_Whitlock wrote:
PigMazurka wrote:
RJ_Whitlock wrote:

I have played MAG a lot of times before, this is quite similar to it. But, you have to admit there are significant differences.
Back to top Go down
http://13thmeu.forum.net
RJ_Whitlock_9mm
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
RJ_Whitlock_9mm

PostSubject: Re: Home is Where the War is...   Home is Where the War is... EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 1:12 am

RJ_Whitlock wrote:
PigMazurka wrote:
RJ_Whitlock wrote:

To be honest all shooters now a days aren't original anymore. There all copy paste from past games made to be better by that developer, Exmp CoD 4=WaW, MW 2=BO Just different Eras. Medal Of Honor was different, but black ops came out and MoH flopped. To me the only shooter coming out this year that might be purely original is Battlefield 3, developers need to do something extremely different in my eyes to keep things fresh. Most games now are recycled versions of other games with certain tweaks, and the only major difference being is what the games story line is.
Back to top Go down
PigMazurka
Site Member

PostSubject: Re: Home is Where the War is...   Home is Where the War is... EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 1:26 am

RJ_Whitlock wrote:
RJ_Whitlock wrote:
PigMazurka wrote:
RJ_Whitlock wrote:

To be honest all shooters now a days aren't original anymore. There all copy paste from past games made to be better by that developer, Exmp CoD 4=WaW, MW 2=BO Just different Eras. Medal Of Honor was different, but black ops came out and MoH flopped. To me the only shooter coming out this year that might be purely original is Battlefield 3, developers need to do something extremely different in my eyes to keep things fresh. Most games now are recycled versions of other games with certain tweaks, and the only major difference being is what the games story line is.

There isn't really anything dev's can do to make FPS's original again.

I still can't see how you think it looks like M.A.G., though...
Back to top Go down
RJ_Whitlock_9mm
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
RJ_Whitlock_9mm

PostSubject: Re: Home is Where the War is...   Home is Where the War is... EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 2:11 am

Obviously I'm not the only one that thinks so, and experience is a big factor.
Back to top Go down
PigMazurka
Site Member

PostSubject: Re: Home is Where the War is...   Home is Where the War is... EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 8:20 pm

RJ_Whitlock wrote:
Obviously I'm not the only one that thinks so, and experience is a big factor.

I own M.A.G., and this looks NOTHING like it.

M.A.G. was pure S***, anyway.
Back to top Go down
PigMazurka
Site Member

PostSubject: Re: Home is Where the War is...   Home is Where the War is... EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 8:37 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Home is Where the War is...   Home is Where the War is... Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top