13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Membership recruitment EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Membership recruitment EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Membership recruitment EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Membership recruitment EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Membership recruitment EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Membership recruitment EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Membership recruitment EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Membership recruitment EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Membership recruitment EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

Membership recruitment

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dtiger29
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Dtiger29

Membership recruitment Empty
PostSubject: Membership recruitment   Membership recruitment EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 11:57 am

I've been thinking lately on how to increase our visibility and get the recruitments up. I have an idea, however it will take a big effort from everyone in order to succeed.

For the most part everyone here tends to play together while in game and we run in tight packs. I'm gonna alter that trend and ask that we start leaving a spot or two available here and there and invite some others we see performing well in battle (this includes our enemies). Strike up a conversation with them and see if their interested in joining us to play for awhile. Hopefully once they see the way we operate they might show interest in joining.

The idea here isn't necessarily to push for recruitment but to push for them to just play with us and see where the path takes us.

What do y'all think?

Dtiger29
BC2 Division Officer
Back to top Go down
Souljah E
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Souljah E

PostSubject: Re: Membership recruitment   Membership recruitment EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 12:13 pm

It sounds like a good idea.

One other suggestion - Data Mining. We have with the various stats engines the ability to search and sort the XBox Live player datasets. If we assign criteria to those we wish to recruit we could use a few people acting as recruiters to send them X Box Live recruiting messages encouraging them to make friends with the recruiters and then invite them to play these invite games with us ?

I'd be quite happy to spend a few hours a week generating a list of potential players to contact if you can assign some criteria (Low-Mid Level / High Squad Score ratio might be a good place to start).
Back to top Go down
Souljah E
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Souljah E

PostSubject: Re: Membership recruitment   Membership recruitment EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 12:54 pm

And a double post because I forgot to mention this :

Facebook. There are over 150k people on Facebook with a link / like to Battlefield Bad Company 2. We could look down the route of marketing to these people by displaying recruiting information within the fan pages and messaging those who've just signed up or make an interesting post ?
Back to top Go down
UnlitAssassin
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant
UnlitAssassin

PostSubject: Re: Membership recruitment   Membership recruitment EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 1:32 pm

i do that now and then with BF2 on facebook
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/akc_raven/andysrtwsite
Dtiger29
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Dtiger29

PostSubject: Re: Membership recruitment   Membership recruitment EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 3:31 pm

I like the Facebook idea. As far as data mining, I would much rather play with them and see how they handle themselves than to send out a blind friend request based on the fact that they look good on paper. We've played with a few (no names mentioned) that are very good players and know their S***, but don't work well with others and/or follow orders. I'd like to focus on quality players that we can build a rock solid foundation with on all platforms.
Back to top Go down
SpaminSambi
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Membership recruitment   Membership recruitment EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 5:07 pm

Dtiger29 wrote:
I like the Facebook idea. As far as data mining, I would much rather play with them and see how they handle themselves than to send out a blind friend request based on the fact that they look good on paper. We've played with a few (no names mentioned) that are very good players and know their S***, but don't work well with others and/or follow orders. I'd like to focus on quality players that we can build a rock solid foundation with on all platforms.

I like Dtiger's idea here: it's better to play with someone than to look at raw data I believe.
Back to top Go down
Souljah E
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Souljah E

PostSubject: Re: Membership recruitment   Membership recruitment EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 5:14 pm

SpaminSambi wrote:
it's better to play with someone than to look at raw data I believe.

Me wrote:
and then invite them to play these invite games with us ?

Yep, sure is. I was suggesting that we data mine people who broadly fit the profile to the clan to play in invitational games so we can see what they are like.

Back to top Go down
muchosmerc
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
muchosmerc

PostSubject: Re: Membership recruitment   Membership recruitment EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 6:52 pm

Would our mick friend be useful with regards to this?
Back to top Go down
SpaminSambi
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Membership recruitment   Membership recruitment EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 12:51 pm

Souljah E wrote:
SpaminSambi wrote:
it's better to play with someone than to look at raw data I believe.

Me wrote:
and then invite them to play these invite games with us ?

Yep, sure is. I was suggesting that we data mine people who broadly fit the profile to the clan to play in invitational games so we can see what they are like.

Well this doesn't sound too bad I suppose. We should actively recruit more, I feel. Maybe a good thing to do is send an invite to people that annoy us. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dtiger29
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Dtiger29

PostSubject: Re: Membership recruitment   Membership recruitment EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 2:56 pm

Souljah, if you get any free time, would you mind checking into whats needed for that facebook idea.
Back to top Go down
UnlitAssassin
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant
UnlitAssassin

PostSubject: Re: Membership recruitment   Membership recruitment EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 4:05 pm

I use facebook to try and recruit for bf2 all you got to do is join the groups that people make and post on there wall
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/akc_raven/andysrtwsite
Dtiger29
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Dtiger29

PostSubject: Re: Membership recruitment   Membership recruitment EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 4:07 pm

I was thinking more along the line of creating a 13 MEU facebook page that can be used to attract multple game/platform players.
Back to top Go down
SpaminSambi
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Membership recruitment   Membership recruitment EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 5:40 pm

Dtiger29 wrote:
I was thinking more along the line of creating a 13 MEU facebook page that can be used to attract multple game/platform players.
Great idea!
Back to top Go down
Dtiger29
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Dtiger29

PostSubject: Re: Membership recruitment   Membership recruitment EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 8:30 pm

Congratz on three months Sambi
Back to top Go down
SpaminSambi
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Membership recruitment   Membership recruitment EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 8:42 pm

Dtiger29 wrote:
Congratz on three months Sambi
oh, well would you look at that!
Back to top Go down
Nosmonkey GTR
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
Nosmonkey GTR

PostSubject: Re: Membership recruitment   Membership recruitment EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 3:52 pm

Alrighty then guys, i'll go on facebook now and make a 13th meu page, do any of the moderators/admins have facebook so i can assign them as leader?
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: Membership recruitment   Membership recruitment EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 3:56 pm

NO! No facebook page! That caused a riot last time....
Back to top Go down
http://www.13thmeu.net
Nosmonkey GTR
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
Nosmonkey GTR

PostSubject: Re: Membership recruitment   Membership recruitment EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 4:27 pm

Onoz! Must remove!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Membership recruitment   Membership recruitment EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 3:38 am

thebronxbomber wrote:
NO! No facebook page! That caused a riot last time....

Bronx... Would there be a difference between a person and organization FB page? I too thought a [13] FB page might help recruiting, but I understand if your experience was bad and FB is to be avoided.

I'd love to hear the details.
Back to top Go down
Dtiger29
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Dtiger29

PostSubject: Re: Membership recruitment   Membership recruitment EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 3:39 pm

I really don't care what methods we use, but we need to start thinking outside the box. I've seen several organizational FB pages, and thought we would benefit from it. I am open to other ideas for recruitment.
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: Membership recruitment   Membership recruitment EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 5:22 pm

Hmmm....well it didn't affect me personally but it made 3 or 4 members leave; a big riot sparked. Sides of the argument varied from "FB doesn't have the type of quality players we want" to "FB has hundreds of millions of people we could recruit from."
Back to top Go down
http://www.13thmeu.net
Spino Prime
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Spino Prime

PostSubject: Re: Membership recruitment   Membership recruitment EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 5:57 pm

I have argued against it several times in the past. But I really don't care to put up an argument about a 13th facebook presence this time. It COULD get us some decent members. However, we would have the additional cost of having to MAINTAIN and UPDATE that page. If we leave it to gather dust (figuratively speaking of course) like our Xfire group page (that place is a mess, it hasn't been updated in forever with new info, or images (heck we haven't even added the 13th badge yet as our avatar, its just our clan name in blue), it has TONS of not accepted membership applications from real forum members, the page only mentions that we are a bf2 clan, the server ip is outdated and is no longer used (and its fox company titled lol), announcements are never posted, and it is filled with people that are no longer members of the 13th) then it will not help us very much if at all and will actually detract from the clan's image.

I would not be helping with any of this facebook page maintenance as I do not use, nor plan to use Facebook. Before jumping in though we would need to look to see the best way we could put the clan up on facebook though, whether that is a page, or a group, or an organization page, or what. I would also worry about it deluding some of the discussion on the forums, (with the release of a facebook page, people could just go and take their discussions there which could take away the strength of the forums).
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/destroyrs/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Membership recruitment   Membership recruitment Empty

Back to top Go down

Membership recruitment

View previous topic View next topic Back to top