13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
[PROPOSAL] Battlefield Bad Company 2 Server for PC on behalf of the Crusaders EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
[PROPOSAL] Battlefield Bad Company 2 Server for PC on behalf of the Crusaders EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
[PROPOSAL] Battlefield Bad Company 2 Server for PC on behalf of the Crusaders EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
[PROPOSAL] Battlefield Bad Company 2 Server for PC on behalf of the Crusaders EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
[PROPOSAL] Battlefield Bad Company 2 Server for PC on behalf of the Crusaders EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
[PROPOSAL] Battlefield Bad Company 2 Server for PC on behalf of the Crusaders EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
[PROPOSAL] Battlefield Bad Company 2 Server for PC on behalf of the Crusaders EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
[PROPOSAL] Battlefield Bad Company 2 Server for PC on behalf of the Crusaders EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
[PROPOSAL] Battlefield Bad Company 2 Server for PC on behalf of the Crusaders EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

[PROPOSAL] Battlefield Bad Company 2 Server for PC on behalf of the Crusaders

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

feedback?
Agree
[PROPOSAL] Battlefield Bad Company 2 Server for PC on behalf of the Crusaders I_vote_lcap71%[PROPOSAL] Battlefield Bad Company 2 Server for PC on behalf of the Crusaders I_vote_rcap
 71% [ 5 ]
Agree with amendments (comment)
[PROPOSAL] Battlefield Bad Company 2 Server for PC on behalf of the Crusaders I_vote_lcap14%[PROPOSAL] Battlefield Bad Company 2 Server for PC on behalf of the Crusaders I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Disagree
[PROPOSAL] Battlefield Bad Company 2 Server for PC on behalf of the Crusaders I_vote_lcap14%[PROPOSAL] Battlefield Bad Company 2 Server for PC on behalf of the Crusaders I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Liam Savrii
Discharged
Liam Savrii

[PROPOSAL] Battlefield Bad Company 2 Server for PC on behalf of the Crusaders Empty
PostSubject: [PROPOSAL] Battlefield Bad Company 2 Server for PC on behalf of the Crusaders   [PROPOSAL] Battlefield Bad Company 2 Server for PC on behalf of the Crusaders EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 6:30 am

On the Subject of, Dedicated PC Server for BC2

Good evening gents.

I. I have a proposition to make on behalf of the Crusader Squad, the Battlefield Bad Company 2 PC Squad. In brief, with the aid of the 13th MEU, we the members of the Crusader Squad would like to purchase a Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Dedicated Clan Server in order to facilitate better playing conditions for current members, to draw in new promising recruits, and to glorify the name of the 13th MEU.

II. However, in order to do so we need initial monetary aid from the clan. And while we will be more than willing to repay the debts incurred by the initial purchase, the initial purchase will be made by the clan because of the payment terms that give a slight (5%, 10%, and 15%) discount if time is purchased in bulk.

Author Note: This provision might change as instead of taking out a “loan” we would have gathered up enough money for the initial purchase.

III. Addressing the concern of how we will pool in our resources to pay for the debts incurred, we will use a “share” system that, depending on the status of the contributor, will pay out dividends in the form of privileged access (Administrator or VIP slot access) to the Clan Server. A VIP slot access will cost two times the price of a player slot and will allow the contributor privileged access to the server. (if the server is at maximum capacity the server will kick a member with public access to make room for you). An Administrator will have functions such as map rotation, kicking, banning, etc. Why did I choose this method instead? It rewards those who contribute, while limited. Spreading the responsibility assures that there will be more aware administrators able to deal with problems that may arise. The cost of the server being spread is also an advantage as it eases the cost on the clan as well as encouraging members to actively contribute. You can keenly observe this in people; they would rather contribute towards something that benefits them. A selfish notion but one that must be addressed. The power still rests within the clan as the CLAN IS GOING TO MAKE THE INITIAL PURCHASE.

IV. How will Full Administrator access be determined? Prior to registering and paying the donor will be informed of their maximum access by leadership. That is, that they would be judged by a panel that would deem them responsible enough to carry to role of Administrator. Then assuming that the individual has reached the proper amount of donations, they will be made server administrator. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL A PERSON, save the chief financial officer, WILL BE GIVEN AUTOMATIC ADMINISTRATOR ACCESS. You must fulfill the requirements of rank, trust, and monetary contribution in order to merit this responsibility.

V. As of October 21, 2010 the prices to unlock positions are as follows:
$3.00 USD for VIP slot

$10.00 USD for Administrator Responsibility

$15.00 USD for MOTM (Message of the Month) underneath the 13th MEU banner

*If you would like to contribute month’s in “bulk” please indicate what unlocks you would like.
Ex. I donated $30.00 but I specified that I wanted a VIP slot. I will get VIP access for 10 Months.

VI. How will we deal with hackers? If A REASONABLE enough suspicion is present then it would merit a removal from the current game and will be investigated by administrators. If the individual in question is found to be using illegitimate aids to gain an unfair advantage they will be banned from the server. This provision applies to clan members and to administrators, no hacking. If an administrator is wrongly banning or kicking an individual, there will be consequences, (see below).

VII. How will we deal with spamming, non-13th clan recruitment, expletives, racism, and other derogatory language? Individual in question will be kicked with a warning. If the individual in question is found to be repeating the offense they will be banned. This provision applies to clan members and to administrators. I expect clean, fun game play that in no way infringes on anyone else’s.

VIII. How will we deal with Administrators who ABUSE their power? NO warning, abuse(s) will remove their power from them. This will result in an investigation that may lead to removal or demotion. We’re dealing with money people, I EXPECT all administrators to be keenly aware of this as well as mature, responsible, and trust worthy individuals.

IX. The Server Host, is the company reliable and what does the community have to say about their services? We are purchasing from “gameservers.com” a highly reputable server provider. Antonio and I (Liam) visited and tested a clan server already up. They recommended the service and have said, “We have had no problems thus far.” We experienced no lag and game play was smooth. It was a moderately populated server and the ping times were low, so you can be sure our server will be receiving its proper traffic.
"I've used Gameservers in the past for server space and can heartily recommend them." -Soulijah E

X. What about Squad Practices, do we have any provisions about “limiting” weapons, maps, etc.? During squad practices the practice lead will determine what rules there will be on the server. During this time they may kick members with general public access (Non-clannies).

XI. Facts and Sources
Server possibility #1
Battlefield Bad Company 2 Ranked PUBLIC. $1.24 per player slot

Price scale, Rounded*
8 Players - $10
10 Players – N/A
12 Players - $15
14 Players – N/A
16 Players - $20 ESTIMATED PRICE TAG PER MONTH
18 Players – N/A
20 Players - $27.5

22 Players – N/A
24 Players - $30
26 Players - $32.5
28 Players - $34.5
30 Players - $37.5
32 Players - $40

Voice Server? No

Term(s)
1 Month – No Discount
3 Months – 5% Discount
6 Months – 10% Discount
12 Months – 15% Discount

Currently Signed by:
WILL NOT BE OFFICIAL UNTIL SIGNED BY LEADERSHIP

Note: Please acknowledge that this document may change, may be canceled, or may be appended in the near future.

Comments and concerns? Please leave a comment below. If you have concerns about a specific provision, please quote it and respond with your comment.

Last edited by Liam Savrii on Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Souljah E
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Souljah E

[PROPOSAL] Battlefield Bad Company 2 Server for PC on behalf of the Crusaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: [PROPOSAL] Battlefield Bad Company 2 Server for PC on behalf of the Crusaders   [PROPOSAL] Battlefield Bad Company 2 Server for PC on behalf of the Crusaders EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 6:36 am

A decision like this is nothing to do with me but I've used Gameservers in the past for server space and can heartily recommend them.
Back to top Go down
147gamer
Private
Private
147gamer

PostSubject: Re: [PROPOSAL] Battlefield Bad Company 2 Server for PC on behalf of the Crusaders   [PROPOSAL] Battlefield Bad Company 2 Server for PC on behalf of the Crusaders EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 11:18 am

Its a good idea but what if no one donates?Who is the admin then?
Back to top Go down
Liam Savrii
Discharged
Liam Savrii

PostSubject: Re: [PROPOSAL] Battlefield Bad Company 2 Server for PC on behalf of the Crusaders   [PROPOSAL] Battlefield Bad Company 2 Server for PC on behalf of the Crusaders EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 2:00 pm

the chief financial officer. but no ive already talked to somesquad mates and theyre willing to participate
Back to top Go down
Endrane
Major
Major
Endrane

PostSubject: Re: [PROPOSAL] Battlefield Bad Company 2 Server for PC on behalf of the Crusaders   [PROPOSAL] Battlefield Bad Company 2 Server for PC on behalf of the Crusaders EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 3:13 pm

Just FYI, I'm the CFO.
Back to top Go down
Liam Savrii
Discharged
Liam Savrii

PostSubject: Re: [PROPOSAL] Battlefield Bad Company 2 Server for PC on behalf of the Crusaders   [PROPOSAL] Battlefield Bad Company 2 Server for PC on behalf of the Crusaders EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 7:03 pm

I know we've chatted up the details...

But as of the moment and taking into account "promised" contributions I'm leaning towards a server that will cost: $20 to $25. a month (16 - 20 slots)

I am also leaning towards the 1 Month recurring cycle... Reason? Three month cycle only gives 5% So if we go with a 16 slot server, it will cost $20 a month, however if we pay upfront for 3 months we would have to pay only... 57 Dollars instead of 60. (Yay we get to save 3 dollars) Coverage for the entire year would be too expensive considering we don't have a sizable amount of capital...

And as mentioned before, unlike ... the "other" server, this one will be paid for in full by the members who use it.

I am also wondering... if the clan would be against or for using the clan server as 'advertisement' to get some sort of passive income? Such as consulting with gaming corporations and asking for a business proposition...

"We put your 'tag' on the front page of our server and you pay us X number of dollars."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [PROPOSAL] Battlefield Bad Company 2 Server for PC on behalf of the Crusaders   [PROPOSAL] Battlefield Bad Company 2 Server for PC on behalf of the Crusaders Empty

Back to top Go down

[PROPOSAL] Battlefield Bad Company 2 Server for PC on behalf of the Crusaders

View previous topic View next topic Back to top