13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Explosive Damage Spec Test Results EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Explosive Damage Spec Test Results EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Explosive Damage Spec Test Results EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Explosive Damage Spec Test Results EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Explosive Damage Spec Test Results EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Explosive Damage Spec Test Results EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Explosive Damage Spec Test Results EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Explosive Damage Spec Test Results EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Explosive Damage Spec Test Results EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

Explosive Damage Spec Test Results

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Explosive Damage Spec Test Results Empty
PostSubject: Explosive Damage Spec Test Results   Explosive Damage Spec Test Results EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 6:22 am

Last night I found myself alone in a real game, so I took time to re-test the explosive damage spec using AT Mines and C4 for destroying MCOMs.

I discovered I could destroy the MCOMs with (12) C4 or AT Mines with the explosive damage Spec ON or OFF. Damage to vehicles or buildings might be different, but when it comes to running and gunning MCOMs, I believe can now load a different SPEC 2 slot. I've been running magnum ammo while I am bronzing some other primary weapons.
Back to top Go down
Souljah E
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Souljah E

PostSubject: Re: Explosive Damage Spec Test Results   Explosive Damage Spec Test Results EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 7:48 am

This is extremely useful, thanks Eltee.
Back to top Go down
Legendary Wingz
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Legendary Wingz

PostSubject: Re: Explosive Damage Spec Test Results   Explosive Damage Spec Test Results EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 8:24 am

Wow, I never knew it was 12 C4..... I feel Dumb right now. Anyways thanks for that tip dude. It should make getting rid of those pesky defenders a little easier.
Back to top Go down
Nosmonkey GTR
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
Nosmonkey GTR

PostSubject: Re: Explosive Damage Spec Test Results   Explosive Damage Spec Test Results EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 8:29 am

Thanks for the heads up Byte!

I placed 10C4 onto a mcom station and it didn't blow up, i'm thinking if there are defenders there just stick c4 on the building itself, lob a grenade in, and either kill yourself (and get many many virgins) or go to a safe distance and ignite (more chance of being killed)

Back to top Go down
Souljah E
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Souljah E

PostSubject: Re: Explosive Damage Spec Test Results   Explosive Damage Spec Test Results EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 10:28 am

Nosmonkey GTR wrote:

I placed 10C4 onto a mcom station and it didn't blow up, i'm thinking if there are defenders there just stick c4 on the building itself, lob a grenade in, and either kill yourself (and get many many virgins) or go to a safe distance and ignite (more chance of being killed)

Don't run away, just scream La Ilaha Ila Bronx, Endrane rasulu Bronx and press the 'Talk Directly to God' button.
Back to top Go down
Nosmonkey GTR
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
Nosmonkey GTR

PostSubject: Re: Explosive Damage Spec Test Results   Explosive Damage Spec Test Results EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 12:26 pm

Souljah E wrote:

Don't run away, just scream La Ilaha Ila Bronx, Endrane rasulu Bronx and press the 'Talk Directly to God' button

affraid that made me laugh!
On a serious note, by the time you've placed the c4 and armed the mcom, there'll be the better players storming the building, all the noobs will be trying to mortar their own mcom station or shooting a tank with an ak. so run out and you'll get shot, blow yourself up and they won't get their 50 points and you'll get 300 or so for damage alone. If the building falls down then you might take some guys with it!
Back to top Go down
GHOSTBEER
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Explosive Damage Spec Test Results   Explosive Damage Spec Test Results EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 12:39 pm

i'll take suicide with c4 if the unit is that low on life. getting 75 tickets back because of it is worth the 1 in exchange.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Explosive Damage Spec Test Results   Explosive Damage Spec Test Results EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 1:53 pm

GHOSTBEER wrote:
i'll take suicide with c4 if the unit is that low on life. getting 75 tickets back because of it is worth the 1 in exchange.

Given any C4 planted are wasted when the applying soldier dies, any attempt to get clear of the blast zone, adds risk of failure to the effort. I prefer to blow the C4 as quickly as possible.

Lately I have preferred running with AT Mines.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Explosive Damage Spec Test Results   Explosive Damage Spec Test Results EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 1:55 pm

Nosmonkey GTR wrote:

GTR Keep in mind, you can only place 6 C4 at a time, even if you are reloading with an ammo pack. When laying down AT Mines and C4, the 1st item will disappear when you lay down the seventh device.
Back to top Go down
Nosmonkey GTR
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
Nosmonkey GTR

PostSubject: Re: Explosive Damage Spec Test Results   Explosive Damage Spec Test Results EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 4:33 pm

Thats why i like to arm the mcom at the same time Axx, that way when i blow it i can return and place more c4 f it's disarmed or it blows up anyway due to the dfence not getting there in time.

But instead of c4'ing the mcom, dieing, returning to place the remaining c4, that six c4 you place first time round can be used to take down the entire building if it's in a collapsible one.

How many At mines will it take to destroy an MCOM?
Back to top Go down
Souljah E
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Souljah E

PostSubject: Re: Explosive Damage Spec Test Results   Explosive Damage Spec Test Results EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 6:14 pm

Bytehoven wrote:

I discovered I could destroy the MCOMs with (12) C4 or AT Mines with the explosive damage Spec ON or OFF.

Nos ^^^

Last edited by Souljah E on Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ALL CAPS SOUNDED LIKE I WAS SHOUTING WHEN IN FACT ITS JUST CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL AMIRITE ? ? ? ?)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Explosive Damage Spec Test Results   Explosive Damage Spec Test Results EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 7:03 pm

Nosmonkey GTR wrote:

12 same number as C4 required.

Arming the MCOM will definitely bring enemy to disarm. Some times they will not respond to the MCOM if you blow it and set new charges.

The best strategy is running with more than one squad member with a full six count complement of C4 or Mines, in which case the MCOM goes down in one shot.

ASIDE: Maybe it's me, but do the buildings seem harder to take down with construction 2.0? I also experimented with blowing up buildings. I remamber being able to place 3-4 charges on a 2 story farm building, like the base 2 B MCOM on Port Valdez, and the building would come down quickly. Now it seems like you need more than 6 C4 charges on one of these easy buildings.
Back to top Go down
Dtiger29
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Dtiger29

PostSubject: Re: Explosive Damage Spec Test Results   Explosive Damage Spec Test Results EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 7:37 pm

Bytehoven wrote:
Nosmonkey GTR wrote:

12 same number as C4 required.

Arming the MCOM will definitely bring enemy to disarm. Some times they will not respond to the MCOM if you blow it and set new charges.

The best strategy is running with more than one squad member with a full six count complement of C4 or Mines, in which case the MCOM goes down in one shot.

ASIDE: Maybe it's me, but do the buildings seem harder to take down with construction 2.0? I also experimented with blowing up buildings. I remamber being able to place 3-4 charges on a 2 story farm building, like the base 2 B MCOM on Port Valdez, and the building would come down quickly. Now it seems like you need more than 6 C4 charges on one of these easy buildings.

Yes and it certainly takes more rockets.
Back to top Go down
deecon57
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Explosive Damage Spec Test Results   Explosive Damage Spec Test Results EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 2:36 am

If you are running assault I have found it effective to lay your 6 c4's, then go hide in a corner while you reload all six. Once you have reloaded all 6, blow the previous 6, lay the new 6 and you have taken out the mcomm single handedly.

Another good/fun tactic is to go CQB sniper, put some c4 on the mcomm, toss a sensor ball, then light the charge and run and hide. Once you see a red dot or two around the mcom, blow the c4. You will get a kill, some damage, and since the sensor ball is still up, you can see if anyone approaches after you have detonated your c4. I got my 100 c4 kill badge pretty easily that way.
Back to top Go down
Hoang
Discharged
Hoang

PostSubject: Re: Explosive Damage Spec Test Results   Explosive Damage Spec Test Results EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 6:56 am

I've also done a few tests, if you lay a few C4s around an MCOM and detonate, the building itself will not collapse for a while. However, I then went on to throw a C4 outside the building and detonated it, I died. Also, the ceiling will not collapse, period, good place to plant if you plan on defending the charge.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Explosive Damage Spec Test Results   Explosive Damage Spec Test Results EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 8:10 am

Update:

Ok... I believe I have confirmed the extra damage spec does have an impact on UAV missile. While running the extra damage spec will allow the missile to take down an empty heavy vehicle or a manned vehicle without an armor upgrade, the missile without the extra damage spec requires (2) hits to take out a heavy vehicle.

This is interesting because extra damage ON/OFF still results in a 50 point MCOM damage.

I really want to test the UAV missile on a building with the extra damage spec ON/OFF.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Explosive Damage Spec Test Results   Explosive Damage Spec Test Results Empty

Back to top Go down

Explosive Damage Spec Test Results

View previous topic View next topic Back to top