13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
[Guide] The Unoffical Medic Guide by Relentless97 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
[Guide] The Unoffical Medic Guide by Relentless97 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
[Guide] The Unoffical Medic Guide by Relentless97 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
[Guide] The Unoffical Medic Guide by Relentless97 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
[Guide] The Unoffical Medic Guide by Relentless97 EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
[Guide] The Unoffical Medic Guide by Relentless97 EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
[Guide] The Unoffical Medic Guide by Relentless97 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
[Guide] The Unoffical Medic Guide by Relentless97 EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
[Guide] The Unoffical Medic Guide by Relentless97 EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

[Guide] The Unoffical Medic Guide by Relentless97

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Relentless97
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
Relentless97

[Guide] The Unoffical Medic Guide by Relentless97 Empty
PostSubject: [Guide] The Unoffical Medic Guide by Relentless97   [Guide] The Unoffical Medic Guide by Relentless97 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 11:37 am

Medic Guide by Relentless97 13thMEU Warlords

Table of Contents-
P1-Introduction
--------------------------------------
P2-Uses of the Medic
P3-Tools of the Medic
P4-Weapons of the Medic
P5-Specializations of the Medic
P6-Basics of the Medic
---------------------------------------

P1-Introduction
I beleive that I am skilled enough in the medic kit to create a guide to help all other medics. I have well over 600 kills with all the medic guns combined. In this guide I shall be showing you the basics, uses, weapons, tools, and 2 diffrent types of medics. I really hope you enjoy the guide as I have spent a lot of time and work on it.
--------------
P2-Uses of the Medic
The medic has many uses on the battlefield, from healing the dead with the Defibrillator( ill abbreviate for DFB), to being the squads main gunner with magnum ammo and ammo pack. The medic can come in all diffrent customizations but in my book those are the best 2 to use on the battlefield.
--------------
P3-Tools of the Medic
The medics 2 main tools are the following
Defibrillator- The DFB is used to heal the dead. Unlike the Medic Packs they only heal the dead and cannot be used on a living teammate. On the other hand they can be used to kill an enemy up close. The DFB is taken out by the left Dpad button on the PS3 and 360 I believe.It is worth 50 points to heal a normal teammate and 80 to heal a squad
mate. They are greatly helpful in the battlefield as they do up your ticket count if you are attackers. For the defenders they also help you defend (duh).
Medic Packs- The medic packs are used to heal yourself and the wounded. They are taken out by pressing the right button on the Dpad of the PS3 controller and I think the same for 360. There are diffrent Specs to help the increased range and healing time of the medic packs, but we ill get more detailed in that in the Perk Section. Its is worth
10 points for a normal heal for a teammate and 20 points for the squad mate heal. You keep getting points until the person is fully healed.
Grenade- The medic also comes with the standard frag grenade which can be increased again by a perk we will talk about later.
Combat Knife- The standard Combat Knife also comes with the medic which is used by the R2 button for PS3 users.
--------------
P4-Weapons of the Medic
The weapons I am about to list shall be in order up as the lowest rank needed weapons and down for the highest rank needed weapon.
PKM LMG
M249 SAW
Type 88 LMG
M60 Machine Gun
XM8 LMG
MG36
MG3 Machine Gun
Now personally the M60 to me is the best gun with its superior damage and accuracy and low recoil it will kill the enemy within seconds. The diffrent LMG's vary in mainly accuracy and rate of fire. The damage is normally pretty steady with all LMG's. You can find out which one works best for you and here on out you can use that one as your main
LMG for your Medic Kit.
For pistols you can use each and single pistol. You just have to unlock them to get them.
--------------
P5- Specializations of the Medic
You can use all of the basic specs. but there are 2 just medic perks for the medic.They are the following...
Medic Kit Improved Kit Range- What this Spec. mainly does is it allows for a med kit to be planted and allow a much further range for it to be used. So I could be 15 feet away from the kit and still be healed by it.
Medic Kit Improved Heal- This Spec. makes the med kit heal a lot faster without this the med kit may take over 10 seconds to be healed at 1 percent health. With it, it may take under 10 seconds. It helps a lot. These 2 Specs. combined will be great if you plan to be the teams Healer.
--------------
P6- Basics of the Medic
Now that we have covered all the tools and Specs. etc. we can now start about the Medic tactics. The medic as I said before can be used as a Support Gunner or as a Healer. If your team is taking a lot of damage and losing those precious tickets. It may be smart to take the healer. If the enemy is rushing it will be smart to take the option as Support
Gunner. The Healer would normally look something like this...
Healer-
LMG-Any
Sidearm-Any
Spec 1- Medic Kit Improved Range (for the longer range healing)
Spec 2- Medic Kit Improved Heal (for the quicker healing)
Spec 3- Any Vehicle Perk
Now what this type of medic does is run around healing people while killing anybody on the way. Some tips for this type of medic are
1. Do not heal someone if there right in front of a tank or other people what this does is gets the other person mad because it racks up there death count.
2. It is diffrent if the dead person is in the middle of warfare while trying to defend the MCOM station heal him so he can help you out.
3. Watch for the tiny crosses on the minimap that indicates that a person is in need of a Med Kit
4. Also watch out for the lightning bolts on the map that means someone is in need of healing with the DFB.
5. Don't only focus on running around healing, it will get you killed a lot and lower you K/D. If someone is all the way across the minimap don't run and try to heal him. It will increase your chances of death.
------
The other type of Medic which is my personal favorite is the Support Gunner. This type of Medic is not only great for lowering the enemys ticket count and helping out your teammates but it will also rack up your points and help you rank. REMEMBER YOU STILL HAVE A DFB AND MED KITS THEY MAY NOT HEAL AS FAST BECAUSE OF THE PERKS BUT THEY STILL HELP YOUR TEAM.
The normal setup for my Support Gunner is the following...
LMG-Any (Preferrably a powerful one)
Sidearm-(any)
Spec 1-Ammo Hip Bandolier
Spec 2-Magnum Ammo
Spec 3-Any
Now the main point of this type of medic is to help out the team by killing the other team and defending the flags and/or MCOMS. They really help because not only do they have a lot of ammo for killing people but they can still heal and revive others. The Support Gunner also deals a lot of damage. Some tips for the Support Gunner are the following...
1.Decrease your chances of death by getting into a safe and supported spot. Make sure your not too vulnreable to enemy snipers. This helps by making sure your safe while helping out the other team.
2.Remember that you can still heal no matter if you don't have the helpful Specs. help out your team and give them kits and revives.
3.Make sure to fight around your team, not only does it help you out by getting more points for revives and such but it is your job SUPPORT Gunner.
4.As I said before make sure to use a strong LMG, it really helps I would recommend the M60 becuase of damage and accuracy again. It really helps out the team.
5.The finaal tip is to make sure that you spot, I forgotten to mention it above bot SPOT SPOT SPOT!!! I cannot stress this enough. SPOT before you die, during living, at the beginning. It helps so much having a red triangle over your target. You will know where he is for the first 10 seconds. If he is behind a tree you don't have to spray and pray spot and
shoot there. ALWAYS SPOT
-----
That concludes my medic guide. I hope the clan enjoys it as I spent 2 days doing research and such. Now before we go I would love to tell you about 1 more class. It is the following...
LMG-Any
Sidearm-Any
Spec 1-Any
Spec 2-Any
Spec 3-Any
Now what you do in this class is whatever you want to do. Most of the times the best Kit is the one you created based on your type of play and skill level. Those 2 classes up there seem to work best for me. But any class may work best for you!!!

Thanks-PFC.Relentless97
Back to top Go down
CrazyBagaDonits
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
CrazyBagaDonits

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] The Unoffical Medic Guide by Relentless97   [Guide] The Unoffical Medic Guide by Relentless97 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 1:14 pm

Good stuff Relentless! I don't believe we have a medic's guide so I'm glad you came out with one!
Back to top Go down
Relentless97
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
Relentless97

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] The Unoffical Medic Guide by Relentless97   [Guide] The Unoffical Medic Guide by Relentless97 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 1:54 pm

Thanks man. It took a couple hours but its worth helping out the new people of BC2
Back to top Go down
Relentless97
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
Relentless97

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] The Unoffical Medic Guide by Relentless97   [Guide] The Unoffical Medic Guide by Relentless97 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 2:36 pm

Just so you guys know I will be making more class guides.
Back to top Go down
Wolfhide
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Wolfhide

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] The Unoffical Medic Guide by Relentless97   [Guide] The Unoffical Medic Guide by Relentless97 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 4:12 pm

Good job, I skim read it, it seems pretty solid.
Back to top Go down
GhostOps21
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
GhostOps21

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] The Unoffical Medic Guide by Relentless97   [Guide] The Unoffical Medic Guide by Relentless97 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 6:17 pm

Myself being a pro medic, haha, I only see a few minor things wrong with the guide. While you recommend the M60, you forget about the T88. Very similar stats, but an extra 100 rounds. So if you want a true support gunner, like you say, the T88 would fill that role even better.

Also, you mention being a medic, and doing just medic stuff, will lower your k/d. Not true, but besides, why would that matter. I know in one of my best rounds, I probably only had a k/d slightly higher than 1.00, but I had over 6000 points, just from my class, not including bonus stuff. I was constantly reviving and healing, even under fire. And being the attacker, I know that I personally saved and won that game. Easily added 40-50 tickets back to us. So I guess it depends if you're an attacker or defender. Being a true medic while assaulting, WILL, save the game, while being a support gunner as a defender will provide a lot of extra firepower.

I think I had something else to say, but I forgot, xD. Just a few minor editing errors, (I always check for spelling/grammar stuff, just one of my things.)

But great guide, I probably could've written this sometime ago, but meh never felt like it, so thanks for taking the initiative.

Haha, just noticed this was my 314th post. I joined on 3-14-10, whoo go random stuff!
Back to top Go down
GHOSTBEER
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] The Unoffical Medic Guide by Relentless97   [Guide] The Unoffical Medic Guide by Relentless97 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 6:24 pm

surprised gog didn't say anything here yet.
Back to top Go down
Relentless97
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
Relentless97

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] The Unoffical Medic Guide by Relentless97   [Guide] The Unoffical Medic Guide by Relentless97 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 8:37 pm

GhostOps21 wrote:
Myself being a pro medic, haha, I only see a few minor things wrong with the guide. While you recommend the M60, you forget about the T88. Very similar stats, but an extra 100 rounds. So if you want a true support gunner, like you say, the T88 would fill that role even better.

Also, you mention being a medic, and doing just medic stuff, will lower your k/d. Not true, but besides, why would that matter. I know in one of my best rounds, I probably only had a k/d slightly higher than 1.00, but I had over 6000 points, just from my class, not including bonus stuff. I was constantly reviving and healing, even under fire. And being the attacker, I know that I personally saved and won that game. Easily added 40-50 tickets back to us. So I guess it depends if you're an attacker or defender. Being a true medic while assaulting, WILL, save the game, while being a support gunner as a defender will provide a lot of extra firepower.

I think I had something else to say, but I forgot, xD. Just a few minor editing errors, (I always check for spelling/grammar stuff, just one of my things.)

But great guide, I probably could've written this sometime ago, but meh never felt like it, so thanks for taking the initiative.

Haha, just noticed this was my 314th post. I joined on 3-14-10, whoo go random stuff!
Yea about the T88 I must have forgotten. I jsut never really used. Thanks though for the contructive criticism.
Back to top Go down
CrazyBagaDonits
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
CrazyBagaDonits

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] The Unoffical Medic Guide by Relentless97   [Guide] The Unoffical Medic Guide by Relentless97 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 9:30 pm

GHOSTBEER wrote:
surprised gog didn't say anything here yet.

likewise ghostbeer.. Gog is pretty reliable medic and I'd like to hear his input as well.
Back to top Go down
Nightwatcher
Sergeant
Sergeant
Nightwatcher

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] The Unoffical Medic Guide by Relentless97   [Guide] The Unoffical Medic Guide by Relentless97 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 9:34 pm

Kool more guides keep it up
Back to top Go down
Gog27
Banned
Gog27

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] The Unoffical Medic Guide by Relentless97   [Guide] The Unoffical Medic Guide by Relentless97 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 9:38 pm

I would just like to take the time to say that you should not recommend Medics to take the Magnum Ammo/Ammo Upgrade loadout. This is completely unnecessary, ESPECIALLY the ammo upgrade. This is the MEDIC we're talking about here, and though yes, it is quite tempting to make your LMG even more powerful, you should be supporting your teammates not tanking the enemy. This means you should be crouched behind nearby cover out of LOS, healing and defibing teammates when they die. You peek your head up and start blasting and you're suddenly making yourself a big target with your muzzle flash creating a small sun in front of you.

I also find that when you have an LMG it becomes very tempting to go for kills, and you put less focus on healing and reviving. This is bad. You need to keep an eye out behind you and cover flank points, as the LMG excels at this sort of thing, but as long as you're alive any teammates nearby should be able to rely on you to keep them alive.

Going back to the ammo upgrade, again, even if you take Magnum ammo, this is unnecessary, as you have lots of ammo as it is and it's not hard for an allied assault to resupply you. TAKE THE MEDKIT UPGRADE.

Though besides this small complaint of mine that I over-exaggerated, I thank you for posting this guide. I've noticed the clan members tend to succumb to the dark side when playing medic and end up forgetting themselves in a hail of lead and blood.

TL;DR- Don't tank with medic. Take the Medkit upgrades PLEASE.

Also,
GhostOps21 wrote:

You are so awesome! HELL YES!!! My best is 12,500 combat score in one round as medic. T'was glorious.

Gator7585 would like a shoutout in my post.
Back to top Go down
Relentless97
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
Relentless97

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] The Unoffical Medic Guide by Relentless97   [Guide] The Unoffical Medic Guide by Relentless97 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 10:05 pm

Gog27 wrote:
I would just like to take the time to say that you should not recommend Medics to take the Magnum Ammo/Ammo Upgrade loadout. This is completely unnecessary, ESPECIALLY the ammo upgrade. This is the MEDIC we're talking about here, and though yes, it is quite tempting to make your LMG even more powerful, you should be supporting your teammates not tanking the enemy. This means you should be crouched behind nearby cover out of LOS, healing and defibing teammates when they die. You peek your head up and start blasting and you're suddenly making yourself a big target with your muzzle flash creating a small sun in front of you.

I also find that when you have an LMG it becomes very tempting to go for kills, and you put less focus on healing and reviving. This is bad. You need to keep an eye out behind you and cover flank points, as the LMG excels at this sort of thing, but as long as you're alive any teammates nearby should be able to rely on you to keep them alive.

Going back to the ammo upgrade, again, even if you take Magnum ammo, this is unnecessary, as you have lots of ammo as it is and it's not hard for an allied assault to resupply you. TAKE THE MEDKIT UPGRADE.

Though besides this small complaint of mine that I over-exaggerated, I thank you for posting this guide. I've noticed the clan members tend to succumb to the dark side when playing medic and end up forgetting themselves in a hail of lead and blood.

TL;DR- Don't tank with medic. Take the Medkit upgrades PLEASE.

Also,
GhostOps21 wrote:

You are so awesome! HELL YES!!! My best is 12,500 combat score in one round as medic. T'was glorious.

Gator7585 would like a shoutout in my post.
Thanks everyone and gog for the constructive criticism. I hope to create more guides for you. Gog btw thanks for the tips, i might just make the Unofficial Medic Guide Tips and Tricks hahaha.

Thanks Guys-PFC.Relentless97
Back to top Go down
Gog27
Banned
Gog27

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] The Unoffical Medic Guide by Relentless97   [Guide] The Unoffical Medic Guide by Relentless97 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 10:18 pm

Relentless97 wrote:
Thanks everyone and gog for the constructive criticism. I hope to create more guides for you. Gog btw thanks for the tips, i might just make the Unofficial Medic Guide Tips and Tricks hahaha.

Thanks Guys-PFC.Relentless97
Another helpful tip is that you can revive people through walls, as long as they're within reasonable distance. When they come to life they'll be on the side of the wall you were on when reviving, taking them out of the line of fire of the enemies.

Very useful!
Back to top Go down
deecon57
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] The Unoffical Medic Guide by Relentless97   [Guide] The Unoffical Medic Guide by Relentless97 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 1:28 am

So my 2 cents. Whenever I am playing medic I always like to have extra armor specialization. If the rezzer is harder to kill the entire team/spuad is harder to kill.
Back to top Go down
Gog27
Banned
Gog27

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] The Unoffical Medic Guide by Relentless97   [Guide] The Unoffical Medic Guide by Relentless97 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 1:50 am

native57 wrote:
So my 2 cents. Whenever I am playing medic I always like to have extra armor specialization. If the rezzer is harder to kill the entire team/spuad is harder to kill.
I've considered things like this, taking Body Armor or Lightweight, but honestly, if you're playing Medic right there's no need for extra health or speed or damage and whatnot. The only way this is a decent idea is if your squadmates are Call of Duty enthusiasts, and like to sprint everywhere and win every confrontation with bunny hops and knife kills. Then it's rather hard to heal them when they won't sit still for 2 seconds, though teammates like that I generally prefer avoiding.

A soldier who plays at the pace of his medic will benefit a lot, rather than dragging his medic out into the open, forcing his medic to sprint into enemy fire and such. I REALLY hate that.

Though by all means, play however you like. It might help, just make sure you keep up with the basics of being a Medic.
Back to top Go down
GHOSTBEER
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] The Unoffical Medic Guide by Relentless97   [Guide] The Unoffical Medic Guide by Relentless97 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 1:07 pm

gog has golden paddles. i will learn to be better with medic someday. i'm too busy busting fools with sniper and assault. once i hit platinum on the m16a2sa, i'm all over medic......or a different gun. lol
Back to top Go down
CrazyBagaDonits
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
CrazyBagaDonits

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] The Unoffical Medic Guide by Relentless97   [Guide] The Unoffical Medic Guide by Relentless97 EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 1:30 am

I personally dig the Type 88 LMG and have no problem being a support gunner and doing some tanking. I know Gog would disagree with me, this is my preference in which i like using an ammo upgrade and magnum ammo. But this is just me.
Back to top Go down
muchosmerc
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
muchosmerc

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] The Unoffical Medic Guide by Relentless97   [Guide] The Unoffical Medic Guide by Relentless97 EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 3:48 am

I have always thought that I'd be better off using the medkit specs, but I just can't help myself turning my medic guy into a killing machine Wink.

Personally, my favourite LMGs are the PKM and the M249 SAW, stll not too sure about the T88 though.
Back to top Go down
CrazyBagaDonits
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
CrazyBagaDonits

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] The Unoffical Medic Guide by Relentless97   [Guide] The Unoffical Medic Guide by Relentless97 EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 6:11 am

The Type 88 is really a workhorse as it really is like the M60 but with 100 extra rounds in a drum. Similar damage and accuracy, burst your shots and the first 3-4 rounds are guaranteed to hit the target.

On a less technical and more practical note: I've found that it serves well as a distraction when you provide the covering fire (i.e. it masks the footsteps of fellow teammates as they move in closer for CQB). The 200 round Type 88 LMG is ideal for it as it takes around 20 seconds (i have to re-clock / re-time it for accuracy) to fully empty the drum! A LOT ACTIVITY AND GROUND CAN BE COVERED IN THOSE 20 SECONDS!

You think that a medic is just covering fire and healing? Think again. Medics are logistical saviors (helps with sneaking) to the friendlies as well as logistical nightmares to the opponents (revives are simple on-the-spot respawns). As you all know that people who are freshly revived are TEMPORARILY INVULNERABLE for about 1 second! This is key in a conflict zone!
That invulnerability wrecks havoc on the enemy team as they panic to attack what was only one enemy medic now suddenly a momentary-god and an enemy medic.

I have on one too many occasions emptied half of my magazine into a freshly revived enemy and was peppered by their counterattack just to see the killcam of my killer. Always to my dismay, my killer still has 100% health.

Either take advantage of this, or write a very angry letter to EA DICE. Your call.
Back to top Go down
Relentless97
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
Relentless97

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] The Unoffical Medic Guide by Relentless97   [Guide] The Unoffical Medic Guide by Relentless97 EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 12:00 pm

I prefer tanking too. The M60 I just abosoloutley <---- SPELL CHECK hahaha- own with. I am going to have to try out the Type 88 since you guys are saying its so good. I also heal when I am tanking too. Just because you are the killing machine doesn't mean you can't heal people for extra points.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] The Unoffical Medic Guide by Relentless97   [Guide] The Unoffical Medic Guide by Relentless97 Empty

Back to top Go down

[Guide] The Unoffical Medic Guide by Relentless97

View previous topic View next topic Back to top