13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
The most underated weapon in a soldiers arsenal EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
The most underated weapon in a soldiers arsenal EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
The most underated weapon in a soldiers arsenal EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
The most underated weapon in a soldiers arsenal EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
The most underated weapon in a soldiers arsenal EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
The most underated weapon in a soldiers arsenal EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
The most underated weapon in a soldiers arsenal EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
The most underated weapon in a soldiers arsenal EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
The most underated weapon in a soldiers arsenal EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

The most underated weapon in a soldiers arsenal

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dtiger29
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Dtiger29

The most underated weapon in a soldiers arsenal Empty
PostSubject: The most underated weapon in a soldiers arsenal   The most underated weapon in a soldiers arsenal EmptyTue May 11, 2010 7:53 pm

The anti-tank mine.

Many a curses are shouted after falling victim to it, and many a laughs are heard after seeing a Humvee go flying after finding one.

The anti-tank mine can singlehandedly alter the course of battle where armor is present. It serves many purposes, primarily to blow up tanks, APC's, Humvee's and quads. Second it serves as a deterent and psychological weapon for the opposing teams. The enemy will think twice about bringing their tank into a zone if they know you have mined it effectively. This give you the advantage and therefore a greater opportunity to win. One to two mine can take out any target, including boats if placed close enough to the shore.

Things to keep in mind:

If you know you are about to lose a zone while defending, spawn in as engineer and begin placing mines at strategic locations you know the enemy will use to advance on your next zone.

You can only place up to 6 mines on the ground before the previous ones places will disappear.

Mines placed within a close enough proxemity will blow each other up (domino effect)

While laying mines or near them when they blow up will cause you to suicide and lose 10 points.

Given the enormous upside to mines, a proper mine grid should always be a top priority when setting up a proper defense. Even more devious is to place mines while on attack. The defenders are less likely to view these mines as a threat and try to blow them up and therefore die at their ignorance. Keep in mind many players are aware of the commonly traveled paths and will therefore use alternate paths to reach their objective, therefore mine from their objectives out using any path you feel (or have seen used) that they could use to reach that objective.

If you receive a notification of damage due to your mines, check back and place additional mines in their place.

dtiger
Back to top Go down
deecon57
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: The most underated weapon in a soldiers arsenal   The most underated weapon in a soldiers arsenal EmptyTue May 11, 2010 10:31 pm

I would like to second this. There is little more satisfying than an AT kill. I like to spawn at the start without a scope so that I get extra to lay, then when I die I put the scope back on and spawn with the plain 3.
Back to top Go down
CrazyBagaDonits
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
CrazyBagaDonits

PostSubject: Re: The most underated weapon in a soldiers arsenal   The most underated weapon in a soldiers arsenal EmptyTue May 11, 2010 11:27 pm

Amen to this thread... No need to constantly watch enemy armor and vehicles when an anti-tank mine will be even more vigilant!

Its a "Use-and-forget" thing... Use it and love it.
Back to top Go down
Dtiger29
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Dtiger29

PostSubject: Re: The most underated weapon in a soldiers arsenal   The most underated weapon in a soldiers arsenal EmptyWed May 12, 2010 8:14 pm

No not a fire and forget weapon.

You forget about that mine and the enemy kills himself with it. Bet your bottom dollar that he will try that route again, because "no one would put another set of mines back there". You keep putting mines there and eventually he's gonna think "well S***, I just can't win with this damn armor" and attack on foot. BOOM advantage you.

Like I said, this weapon is not just a physical weapon, its a pyschological one as well. You demoralize the enemy with them and break his will to move the armor in, you will win everytime, if not just the game, but knowing you just pissed A LOT of people off.

And that is a great feeling.

Also, be devious. See a wall to a building and you forgot your keys...lay a mine there and shoot it. POOF instant door, also you never know if there's a tango waiting on the other side thinking you'd be stupid enough to use the door. As Richard Marchinko would say "Doom on you Charlie!" If you know there's an enemy behind that wall all the better. Want the whole kit and kaboodle...lay the mines against the building close enough to where they will blow each other up and shoot one of them...bye bye building.

dtiger
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The most underated weapon in a soldiers arsenal   The most underated weapon in a soldiers arsenal EmptyWed May 12, 2010 9:01 pm

Great series of threads: all added to the Master Tactics Sticky.

http://www.13thmeu.org/bad-company-division-f37/master-tactics-thread-collection-t1786.htm

Thanks D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The most underated weapon in a soldiers arsenal   The most underated weapon in a soldiers arsenal Empty

Back to top Go down

The most underated weapon in a soldiers arsenal

View previous topic View next topic Back to top