13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Favourite Sniper Rifle EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Favourite Sniper Rifle EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Favourite Sniper Rifle EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Favourite Sniper Rifle EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Favourite Sniper Rifle EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Favourite Sniper Rifle EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Favourite Sniper Rifle EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Favourite Sniper Rifle EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Favourite Sniper Rifle EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

Favourite Sniper Rifle

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
muchosmerc
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
muchosmerc

Favourite Sniper Rifle Empty
PostSubject: Favourite Sniper Rifle   Favourite Sniper Rifle EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 8:48 am

Don't think this has come up here before so I just thought it'd be good to get everyone's opinion.

Personally I think the SV-98 is the best, it has the largest magazine size and the fastest rate of fire of all the bolt-action sniper rifles. Though the downside of this is that it has the highest bullet drop and slowest bullet travel time, so to make up for this I usually use mag ammo with it.
Back to top Go down
lordshogun
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
lordshogun

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Sniper Rifle   Favourite Sniper Rifle EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 8:51 am

for royals the M95 cuz of its low recoil and pretty fast shooting
Back to top Go down
muchosmerc
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
muchosmerc

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Sniper Rifle   Favourite Sniper Rifle EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 8:54 am

I do like the M95 because I love the sound and it is very powrful, but when it comes down to it a headshots still a 1 shot kill.

By the way I think you'll find the m95 has the lowest rate of fire for bolt-actions
Back to top Go down
KidkinG
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
KidkinG

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Sniper Rifle   Favourite Sniper Rifle EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 9:01 am

when i play recon i use the M24
Back to top Go down
muchosmerc
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
muchosmerc

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Sniper Rifle   Favourite Sniper Rifle EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 1:01 pm

M24's a good all-rounder, but I never liked it that much because I always seems like a "vanilla" rifle
Back to top Go down
Dtiger29
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Dtiger29

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Sniper Rifle   Favourite Sniper Rifle EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 4:11 pm

I think it depends on the map and role your serving. Countersniping and anti-material I use m95. For port Nelson I like the vss or svu for silence and rof. Other maps I generally like the gol with mag ammo or svu with mag ammo. Then again if your a fast mover load an all kit weapon (G3) along with mortar, drop shells on a target and run and waste Charlie while he wonders wth just happened.
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Sniper Rifle   Favourite Sniper Rifle EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 11:46 pm

lordshogun wrote:
for royals the M95 cuz of its low recoil and pretty fast shooting
He's talking about Bad Company 2 hence this is in the Bad Company Division forum lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.13thmeu.net
CrookAssault911
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
CrookAssault911

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Sniper Rifle   Favourite Sniper Rifle EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 12:02 am

I like gol sniper magnum the best because of its accuracy
Back to top Go down
Goldblade911
Corporal
Corporal
Goldblade911

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Sniper Rifle   Favourite Sniper Rifle EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 12:09 am

I do enjoy me some GOL action. It just seems more accurate to me, and honestly I can't say I like one sniper over the other I just tend to get better scores with the GOL haha.
Back to top Go down
CrookAssault911
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
CrookAssault911

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Sniper Rifle   Favourite Sniper Rifle EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 12:47 am

Goldblade911 wrote:
I do enjoy me some GOL action. It just seems more accurate to me, and honestly I can't say I like one sniper over the other I just tend to get better scores with the GOL haha.

wow ya me too! i find it easier to swerve, quick scope, shoot with gol sniper magnum.
Back to top Go down
Goldblade911
Corporal
Corporal
Goldblade911

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Sniper Rifle   Favourite Sniper Rifle EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 2:41 am

When you put magnum ammo on the GOL doesn't it become repetitive because it has the word magnum in it's name? Lol....
Back to top Go down
Spiralus
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Sniper Rifle   Favourite Sniper Rifle EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 5:39 am

I find that I always use either the 95, for it's versatility and lack of drop, the SVU for it's scilencor or the VSS for it's awesome. Of those I find the VSS most useful and usually equip the extra ammo spec. with it. In general (there are exceptions) I find "sniping" to be useful only on hardcore, when you can't be lit up by the enemy and "plinked" out. On normal mode there is no better weapon for counter sniping than the select button (spotting button).

Also, to Dtiger, definatley. The most useful recons carry G3s and shotguns. I get angry if more than two ppl on my team are "sniping". These maps are big, but they're not big enough to warrant sniper rifles 99% of the time, at least not in Rush games (which is what I play).
Back to top Go down
http://dandreyer.carbonmade.com
PwnsteR
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Sniper Rifle   Favourite Sniper Rifle EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 10:40 pm

What I use since I can't sniper for crap, I use the SV8 with red dot sight for close encounters.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Sniper Rifle   Favourite Sniper Rifle EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 10:43 pm

Spiralus wrote:
Also, to Dtiger, definatley. The most useful recons carry G3s and shotguns. I get angry if more than two ppl on my team are "sniping". These maps are big, but they're not big enough to warrant sniper rifles 99% of the time, at least not in Rush games (which is what I play).

20K and G3 are my favorite ReCon primary weapons. When I do want to reach out just a little bit farther, I have preferred the T88 even though it takes 2-3 shots to kill.

I agree with Spiralus. More than 1 or 2 long range sniping ReCons is a waste of time. And honestly, I have yet to see one really earn their keep as far as contributing to the team in a way that is superior to a ReCon either moving with the rush or very close by.
Back to top Go down
muchosmerc
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
muchosmerc

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Sniper Rifle   Favourite Sniper Rifle EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 9:13 am

As part of a squad, yes I agree that a long range recon guy cannot do much to help the rest of the team. But I think they can be quite useful to the side as a whole. E.g taking out enemies on gun turrets, taking out enemies defending an important area and most importantly of all spotting.

Though, like people have said, as a general rule there should be no more than a couple of recon on a side.
Back to top Go down
duckondrugs
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
duckondrugs

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Sniper Rifle   Favourite Sniper Rifle EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 11:02 am

m24 all the way
Back to top Go down
wour!
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Sniper Rifle   Favourite Sniper Rifle EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 10:58 am

SVU+4xOPT+MAG AMMO=WIIIIN!!!! Razz
but really, it is win! Wink
Back to top Go down
Dtiger29
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Dtiger29

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Sniper Rifle   Favourite Sniper Rifle EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 12:31 pm

We need to revisit the effectiveness of the sniper rifles post patch. M-95 got nerfed, and the t-88 seems more effective at mid range
Back to top Go down
CrazyBagaDonits
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
CrazyBagaDonits

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Sniper Rifle   Favourite Sniper Rifle EmptyTue May 11, 2010 3:54 am

M24 or the GOL for me.

[I tend to be a jerk and used M95 with red dot and magnum ammo like a WWII bolt action rifle. Its loads of fun! Although missing is fatal...]
Back to top Go down
deecon57
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Sniper Rifle   Favourite Sniper Rifle EmptyTue May 11, 2010 10:20 pm

Depends on the map. If it is a long range battle map I prefer the GOL for the range. If the range isn't as important I like the m24 for damage.
Back to top Go down
PigMazurka
Site Member

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Sniper Rifle   Favourite Sniper Rifle EmptyTue May 11, 2010 10:23 pm

Does my shotgun with slugs count?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Sniper Rifle   Favourite Sniper Rifle Empty

Back to top Go down

Favourite Sniper Rifle

View previous topic View next topic Back to top