13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
computer issues - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
computer issues - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
computer issues - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
computer issues - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
computer issues - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
computer issues - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
computer issues - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
computer issues - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
computer issues - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

computer issues

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mav2283
Corporal
Corporal
Mav2283

computer issues - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: computer issues   computer issues - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 2:30 pm

thebronxbomber wrote:
You have standoffs between the motherboard and case right?  It's not just screwed into the case?

Yes, I have 6 of them total between the motherboard and the case. I tried putting 6 fiber washers between the screw heads and the motherboard, and the issue still occured. My next choice is to put 6 more under the motherboard as well to see if that helps at all. If that does not help then I may have to contact ASUS and get an RGA on this motherboard.

I just put in my old board and it is working perfectly fine. I haven't had any issues with it at all yet. Only one problem with adding the washers underneath the motherboard. I only have 5 more washers, and need 6 total. I am currently at work so I may end up taking a fiber casket to something and cutting it to the dimensions I need to make another washer and see if that will work.

I will keep everyone posted by tonight. If anything I may just end up putting in my old board for now so I can actually have a computer to use. However, my old board needs to run off wireless as the Ethernet port is dead.
Back to top Go down
ImGonnaCrushYou
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
ImGonnaCrushYou

PostSubject: Re: computer issues   computer issues - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 4:41 pm

Mav2283 wrote:
thebronxbomber wrote:
You have standoffs between the motherboard and case right?  It's not just screwed into the case?

Yes, I have 6 of them total between the motherboard and the case. I tried putting 6 fiber washers between the screw heads and the motherboard, and the issue still occured. My next choice is to put 6 more under the motherboard as well to see if that helps at all. If that does not help then I may have to contact ASUS and get an RGA on this motherboard.

I just put in my old board and it is working perfectly fine. I haven't had any issues with it at all yet. Only one problem with adding the washers underneath the motherboard. I only have 5 more washers, and need 6 total. I am currently at work so I may end up taking a fiber casket to something and cutting it to the dimensions I need to make another washer and see if that will work.

I will keep everyone posted by tonight. If anything I may just end up putting in my old board for now so I can actually have a computer to use. However, my old board needs to run off wireless as the Ethernet port is dead.

I might know your problem on you ASUS motherboard, SOMEHOW the back of the motherboard got damaged during the build of your PC, wich causes problems in the future. Check the motherboard on the back with a magnifier if you see any scratches of bumbs, if so, your motherboard is broken or will not function properly.

P.S: If this is already said, i'm sorry, but i'm a terrible reader.
Back to top Go down
Mav2283
Corporal
Corporal
Mav2283

PostSubject: Re: computer issues   computer issues - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 5:48 pm

ImGonnaCrushYou wrote:
Mav2283 wrote:
thebronxbomber wrote:

I might know your problem on you ASUS motherboard, SOMEHOW the back of the motherboard got damaged during the build of your PC, wich causes problems in the future. Check the motherboard on the back with a magnifier if you see any scratches of bumbs, if so, your motherboard is broken or will not function properly.

P.S: If this is already said, i'm sorry, but i'm a terrible reader.

The board was working completely fine for a day and a half. Then sunday morning when I woke up I was unable to bring up the display, and my front panel power/reset buttons were non-funtional as well. In speaking with ASUSTeK Support, they notified me that it is a grounding issue between the motherboard and the case. When I take the motherboard out of the case and put it on a table or a piece of cardboard it will boot up and run flawlessly. However, when I insert it back into the case, it seems to run for so long and then goes non-funtional again. The person I spoke with today said it could be one of the standoffs between the motherboard and the case. I am going to test that later tonight when I get home and try only mounting the motherboard by 1 mounting screw at a time. The motherboard only came with a limited number of standoffs, so I can only change so many of them.

Once I test it by either replacing the standoffs, or trying the whole setup in a different case, I will let everyone know of the outcome. I am limited with what I can do during work hours because I don't want to spend all day in my old office ripping the thing apart and putting it back together constantly.

I will check the back of the motherboard for any flaws that may have occured during building.
Back to top Go down
ImGonnaCrushYou
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
ImGonnaCrushYou

PostSubject: Re: computer issues   computer issues - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 6:27 pm

Then its probably the case that is bringin up electric "particals" to the board that may cause malfunctions
Back to top Go down
Mav2283
Corporal
Corporal
Mav2283

PostSubject: Re: computer issues   computer issues - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 7:29 pm

My old board works pefectly fine in this case. So why would the new one seem to have issues with this particular part.
Back to top Go down
ImGonnaCrushYou
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
ImGonnaCrushYou

PostSubject: Re: computer issues   computer issues - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 7:31 pm

You got a point in that. Maybe its just a manufactuer mistaje then, if it isnt that, then i dont know what it is... :S
Back to top Go down
Mav2283
Corporal
Corporal
Mav2283

PostSubject: Re: computer issues   computer issues - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 7:33 pm

I'm working on it right now. I just put in 2 new standoffs and all new mounting screws.
Back to top Go down
Mav2283
Corporal
Corporal
Mav2283

PostSubject: Re: computer issues   computer issues - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 12:34 pm

So, no matter what I did with the standoffs, it was still having a grounding issue. I even took it out of the case like ASUSTeK had me do, and the grounding issue even occurred outside the case last night. I requested an RMA from newegg for a replacement board due to the grounding issue with the current board. I will be shipping the defective board back to Newegg tomorrow and hopefully getting a good replacement board within a few weeks.

I am currently running off my old board, new RAM, old CPU, and new PSU. The new RAM surprisingly fit in my old board and is compatible with it. The new CPU did not fit as my old board is only an AM2 board, and the new CPU is an AM3. For now it will have to do. The only downfall to running off the old board is that I have to run off wireless as the Ethernet port on the board is fried.

One plus side is that I hooked up dual monitors last night with my 26" TV, and a small 17" monitor. This way I can view TeamSpeak on my small monitor, and play my games on the TV. Which is definitely a plus because we have those select few people that don't use microphones *cough Edster cough*.
Back to top Go down
CaptEdster
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
CaptEdster

PostSubject: Re: computer issues   computer issues - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 12:58 pm

Haha....

And several weeks for a new one? Y so long.
Back to top Go down
Mav2283
Corporal
Corporal
Mav2283

PostSubject: Re: computer issues   computer issues - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 1:14 pm

Well it's going to be shipped to Newegg tomorrow. Then when they get it they have to process the RMA, which could take a few days. Then they have to ship out my replacement as well. So like 3 days to get to California, however long to process the RMA, then to ship a replacement board if they will replace it. So, could take a week or two to receive a replacement.

Then if they send me a replacement board, and it still has a grounding issue like the last one, my next decision would be to buy an acrylic case so I won't have that issue at all considering the case wouldn't be metal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: computer issues   computer issues - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

computer issues

View previous topic View next topic Back to top