13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Is This Really What We've Come To? EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Is This Really What We've Come To? EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Is This Really What We've Come To? EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Is This Really What We've Come To? EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Is This Really What We've Come To? EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Is This Really What We've Come To? EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Is This Really What We've Come To? EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Is This Really What We've Come To? EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Is This Really What We've Come To? EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

Is This Really What We've Come To?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ApplesausGoblin
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
ApplesausGoblin

Is This Really What We've Come To? Empty
PostSubject: Is This Really What We've Come To?   Is This Really What We've Come To? EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 1:13 am

Back to top Go down
Deathdealer96
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Deathdealer96

PostSubject: Re: Is This Really What We've Come To?   Is This Really What We've Come To? EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 5:42 am

Meanwhile in the UK, the Conservatives mess up the country and try to push through a bipl that will allow them to monitor our communications.
Back to top Go down
totalwarrior6780
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
totalwarrior6780

PostSubject: Re: Is This Really What We've Come To?   Is This Really What We've Come To? EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 5:57 am

David Cameron trying to legalise same sex marriage=my respect to him
Back to top Go down
Deathdealer96
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Deathdealer96

PostSubject: Re: Is This Really What We've Come To?   Is This Really What We've Come To? EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 6:19 am

I Agree

However, the other major parties pushed it more than the Conservatives, there were a lot of backbenchers going against it... but I will give Cameron respect for going against it... but only for that.
Back to top Go down
totalwarrior6780
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
totalwarrior6780

PostSubject: Re: Is This Really What We've Come To?   Is This Really What We've Come To? EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 7:00 am

I Agree and Thank You! for your agreement

David Cameron does seem the only modern person in the conservatives at the moment. I think its stupid how the Church of England is comparing legalizing it to polygamy or incest.

It seems only the church is opposed and there arguments are quite poor imo.

Im sure I saw somewhere a statistic showing that more than 50% of the UK public supported lagalizing it but not sure when and where

Back to top Go down
redviper911
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
redviper911

PostSubject: Re: Is This Really What We've Come To?   Is This Really What We've Come To? EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 8:25 am

Oh Lord... Not this kind of topic again. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
mekline
Mek's Rank
Mek's Rank
mekline

PostSubject: Re: Is This Really What We've Come To?   Is This Really What We've Come To? EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 8:30 am

yep this again red
Back to top Go down
ApplesausGoblin
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
ApplesausGoblin

PostSubject: Re: Is This Really What We've Come To?   Is This Really What We've Come To? EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 12:24 pm

Deathdealer96 wrote:
Meanwhile in the UK, the Conservatives mess up the country and try to push through a bipl that will allow them to monitor our communications.
Good thing i'm more of a libertarian. I really don't think government should have a part in marriage, so if 2 fags wanna get married let em', the government shouldn't stop them. Just don't require that my church has to preform the marriage. Once all you liberals realize that the two party system is all controlled by the same people you won't be so inclined to argue about which party is better because we are all their slaves. It's like arguing over which wrestler is gonna win in the WWE, the system is already rigged. The 2 parties seem to argue and never get along, but at their core their the same, their just puppets of a much larger scheme.

Bush and Obama are the same, only belonging to a "different" party. http://www.humblelibertarian.com/2011/08/bush-20-100-ways-barack-obama-is-just.html

And your surprised that they are trying to monitor your communications? They probably already are on a smaller scale, they are here.
Meanwhile this is going on underneath the watch of the good ol' liberals.http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2012/03/ff_nsadatacenter/

David Cameron isn't a Conservative, a real conservative would be trying to shrink the size of your government, not grow it.

But honestly, you have to admit, political correctness has gotten way out of hand.
Back to top Go down
Deathdealer96
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Deathdealer96

PostSubject: Re: Is This Really What We've Come To?   Is This Really What We've Come To? EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 12:37 pm

Yeah political correctness has gone too far now, it's ridiculous. Cameron's hardly trying to grow the government though. Cutting healthcare, police, military, welfare, jobs etc.
Back to top Go down
K1NGFL1P
Sergeant
Sergeant
K1NGFL1P

PostSubject: Re: Is This Really What We've Come To?   Is This Really What We've Come To? EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 2:04 pm

Can't remember who said it, but there was this one (philosipher?) That stated that "america is much easier to put to an end then one might think" he goes one to say that our own "empire" would crumble, and eventually, we would destroy ourselves.

I'm starting to think this is what he meant, we have gotten so power hungry that we are dismantaling our own society because of it. The stories above just go to show that too. We are becoming the "roman empire" of our time
Back to top Go down
InfiniteXCLUSIV
Corporal
Corporal
InfiniteXCLUSIV

PostSubject: Re: Is This Really What We've Come To?   Is This Really What We've Come To? EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 12:33 pm

"OMG WTF I am being threatened by a very deadly combination of flour, milk and baking powder."

Cuss

Now you can apparently get supsended when you talk about Nerf Guns. Very deadly, those slow-moving soft styrofoam projectiles. scratch
Pasco school district overturns 6-year-old’s suspension for discussing toy gun

And even for saving people : High school student reportedly suspended after disarming gunman

Thank god I go to school in Switzerland. cheers
Back to top Go down
ApplesausGoblin
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
ApplesausGoblin

PostSubject: Re: Is This Really What We've Come To?   Is This Really What We've Come To? EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 2:52 pm

InfiniteXCLUSIV wrote:
"OMG WTF I am being threatened by a very deadly combination of flour, milk and baking powder."

Cuss

Now you can apparently get supsended when you talk about Nerf Guns. Very deadly, those slow-moving soft styrofoam projectiles. scratch

And even for saving people : High school student reportedly suspended after disarming gunman

Thank god I go to school in Switzerland. cheers
Yeah, you get to keep a Sig 556 when your 18 right?
Back to top Go down
WillDill
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
WillDill

PostSubject: Re: Is This Really What We've Come To?   Is This Really What We've Come To? EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 3:36 pm

I must say, the level of agreeing is very nice for once lol.
InfiniteXCLUSIV wrote:

Then you go to college and have nerf wars! lol
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: Is This Really What We've Come To?   Is This Really What We've Come To? EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 11:34 pm

I think the worst thing in politics and is usually touted by those of the so called "tolerant" group, is political correctness. It is basically being called racist, sexist, and homophobic (the word itself is pro-PC) for stating politically inconvenient facts or information or statements. PC (short for political correctness) really is just an effort to thwart the truth with the intent of not causing feelings to be hurt.

I don't agree with the whole "Republicans are the same as Democrats" mantra which is actually reiterated quite often. You go on to state the difference between Conservatives and Liberals as if they are mutually exclusive with Republicans and Democrats. Today at least, the contrast between the two parties is very high--the republicans' base being conservatives and the democrats' base being the liberals (well actually most or at least a lot of liberals call themselves moderate because they don't think their positions are as far left as they are).

Bush set a bad reputation for the republicans and conservatives in general. I don't think he was too bad of a president; not as bad as the 60% of people who spout off ignorant rhetoric such as "Bush was terrible" or "Bush was the worst president by far" etc.

The big thing about Bush was he grew the size of government dramatically. Department of Homeland Security being established along with all of its sub-agencies and so on. His economics policy and handling wasn't too bad. With the bush tax cuts what people don't realize is yes he cut taxes for the rich, but also for everybody else. GDP rose; and actually tax revenue was greater in the Bush years than in the at least the first four years of the Obama administration. Even with those tax cuts.

People don't know he had only something like a $170 billion deficit in FY 2007 compared to the $1T+ deficits Obama has been running every year.

In closing, I don't think the Republicans and the Democrats are that alike....The way I see it Republicans and Democrats have correct names for their parties. Republicans principles are those based on the Republic's constitution (in general). Democrats "principles" are really just whatever the majority wants. This is just a wide overview but seeing it from this perspective but it makes sense.

And I also don't buy the whole Republicans used to be the slave-owning democrats back in the 19th and early 20th centuries. They say that the parties switched and its kind of true. Like going back to the Civil War, I would say Republicans now would have been republicans then. Democrats now, probably most of them too would have been republicans.

/rant
Back to top Go down
http://www.13thmeu.net
WillDill
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
WillDill

PostSubject: Re: Is This Really What We've Come To?   Is This Really What We've Come To? EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 11:39 pm

My favorite thing people say about Bush: "Katrina was Bush's fault!" hahahaha what retards
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: Is This Really What We've Come To?   Is This Really What We've Come To? EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 11:55 pm

WillDill wrote:
My favorite thing people say about Bush: "Katrina was Bush's fault!" hahahaha what retards
Yeah when in reality who was the leading the government at the local and state levels? Liberal democrats. I would think the local governments have more authority and say in what goes on pre-cat5 hurricane, but apparently it is the role of the Federal Government to do such.

These democrats did not take heed of the warnings given to them by Bush.

But in the above rant, the tldr of it was people have a bad perception of the Republicans because of Bush and some of his policies. Some of the themes associated with Republicans started most likely during the Bush years such as: (not all of them)

- Republicans are war-mongerers (The big 4 wars of the 20th century were started or at least involved in by 4 appeasing liberals (at least on foreign policy) and/or democrats which cost approximately as many American lives combined as the Civil War did--the only war started by a Republican was the first persian gulf war--successful, short, and not nearly as many lives lost)

-Republicans are racist, sexist, homophobic

I could name a few more but meh
Back to top Go down
WillDill
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
WillDill

PostSubject: Re: Is This Really What We've Come To?   Is This Really What We've Come To? EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 11:58 pm

I know right? I mean, they only got billions from the army engineers to fix everything every year. Another thing I love is putting all the Afghanistan and Iraq dept on Bush. Yeah, he sent troops there, but democrats have had the opportunity to pull them out since 2006 when they took over congress so some of that debt is on them
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: Is This Really What We've Come To?   Is This Really What We've Come To? EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 12:04 am

WillDill wrote:
I know right? I mean, they only got billions from the army engineers to fix everything every year. Another thing I love is putting all the Afghanistan and Iraq dept on Bush. Yeah, he sent troops there, but democrats have had the opportunity to pull them out since 2006 when they took over congress so some of that debt is on them
Oh yeah that brings me to an extremely important topic: the debt.

I hate listening to some ignorant liberal spout off that our debt is "mostly" attributed to the wars on terror. Actually the wars on terror have only racked up 10% of the current national debt....the rest? Entitlements, out of control spending, etc.

This IRS thing is one of the big kickers though. It was blatant scrutiny to hundreds of conservative groups. IRS will take under his wing of responsibility, implementation, or parts of, Obamacare....
Back to top Go down
ApplesausGoblin
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
ApplesausGoblin

PostSubject: Re: Is This Really What We've Come To?   Is This Really What We've Come To? EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 6:13 pm

Once again, Adam Kokesh was arrested for doing nothing.
Back to top Go down
Austynn
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Austynn

PostSubject: Re: Is This Really What We've Come To?   Is This Really What We've Come To? EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 11:31 am

All politicians are morally corrupt and shouldn't even be in the offices they hold. I haven't met or seen one that cares about this country. The only thing they care about brainwashing the masses in America so we can "Elect" them into office. Not even our presidential elections are valid. Government doesn't count our votes (popular votes). A select group of people do, A.K.A The electoral College. America is screwed unless we finally have another revolution. Just my two cents on the whole issue
Back to top Go down
ApplesausGoblin
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
ApplesausGoblin

PostSubject: Re: Is This Really What We've Come To?   Is This Really What We've Come To? EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 1:36 pm

Austynn wrote:
All politicians are morally corrupt and shouldn't even be in the offices they hold. I haven't met or seen one that cares about this country. The only thing they care about brainwashing the masses in America so we can "Elect" them into office. Not even our presidential elections are valid. Government doesn't count our votes (popular votes). A select group of people do, A.K.A The electoral College. America is screwed unless we finally have another revolution. Just my two cents on the whole issue
Eventually it'll come to that if nothing changes.
Back to top Go down
WillDill
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
WillDill

PostSubject: Re: Is This Really What We've Come To?   Is This Really What We've Come To? EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 2:26 pm

just to let you know, there has only been one time with the representative in the Electoral College hasn't cast their vote according to their states popular vote, and that was to ensure George Washington was the only president to be unanimously elected. I agree there are some flaws with it and I actually wrote a research paper on it at WVU pointing out a few, especially the fact that states with the most votes are and have been historically liberal. Yes, changes need to be made, but I guarantee there will not be another revolution. Things are not ,and will not be bad enough for that for a long time.
Back to top Go down
ApplesausGoblin
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
ApplesausGoblin

PostSubject: Re: Is This Really What We've Come To?   Is This Really What We've Come To? EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 3:59 pm

Things at the surface don't seem bad enough but if you dig deep you'll find lots of things that they don't want you to know like the NDAA and the Patriot Act. They're making laws that allow them to take our freedoms away "legally". They are just waiting for the right moment to turn the country into a totalitarian state. Collecting everyone's emails, phone calls, internet searches, so when the time comes they have a list of the people that will give them problems so they can round them all up and kill them or put them in FEMA camps. And the scary thing is it would all be done "legally". The NDAA allows indefinite detention of US citizens without trial, the NSA is spying on all of us to make a "list"(which i'm probably on lol), and they are building FEMA camps in every state in the country. Conservatives, Constitutionalists, gun owners, Christians, and libertarians are labeled as domestic terrorists in Army training courses. So I would say things are bad enough, the people just havent awakened to the harsh reality that is our tyranny of a government, once they do it will probably be too late. On a good note, people today are waking up at a faster rate than ever before, but the gov't also moving faster with their agenda because they're scared.

“[We are] no longer a government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and the duress of small groups of dominant men”- Woodrow Wilson (1856-1954) 28th president of the United States

Read these links: http://www.eyezopen.com/quotes-on-shadow-government/
http://consciouslifenews.com/library-congress-confirms-george-washington-aware-nefarious-illuminati/1122149/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7a9Syi12RJo#!
Back to top Go down
WillDill
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
WillDill

PostSubject: Re: Is This Really What We've Come To?   Is This Really What We've Come To? EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 5:13 pm

2 Problems here. One, where did you come up with this fascinating fact?
ApplesausGoblin wrote:
Conservatives, Constitutionalists, gun owners, Christians, and libertarians are labeled as domestic terrorists in Army training courses.
I guarantee this is complete bullshit wherever you read it (I am part of these groups too, just an so you know) and 2nd, do you know why information is being gathered by the NSA right now? Its not to make a list of Americans to kill, it's do to the recent leaks of military blueprints of installations and aircraft to the Chinese as well as the escalating problem on the Korean peninsula. The NSA isn't trying to create this "list" which is a made up thing by the GOP, they are trying to find whoever, if anyone is trying to help the Chinese/N. Koreans, which is a lot less far fetched than this "list" if you ask me. Oh and next time you give links to articles, please don't use sites with some of the most retarded conspiracy theories I've seen in a while.
Back to top Go down
ApplesausGoblin
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
ApplesausGoblin

PostSubject: Re: Is This Really What We've Come To?   Is This Really What We've Come To? EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 8:36 pm

1:
http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/army-labeled-evangelicals-as-religious-extremism.html

Not Bullshit, Not False.

Their not gathering info to find out who's hacking our info, they already know, HACKING, not leaking. Sure, gathering this info might help them find spies and such, but are you okay with them going through your emails and phone calls and internet searches, I'm not. Right now their building a facility in Utah to do just that, collect data about what every single person in America is doing on the internet and store it. Its not some made up "conspiracy theory", its real and it's happening and your too damn ignorant to realize it. And yes, they are making a "list" of so-called terrorists (the same ones in the above article), do you think they don't have a list of the top Al Qaeda terrorists once they find out who they are? Obama has a personal kill list, he usually kills them with drones and also murders tons of innocent civilians along with them, but ooops, thats just collateral damage.

And retarded conspiracies, there not conspiracies. I understand you thinking that they sound retarded though, because they sound so damn strange but the truth is often stranger than fiction.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is This Really What We've Come To?   Is This Really What We've Come To? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is This Really What We've Come To?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
13th MEU :: Public Relations :: Public Discussion-