13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Soldier killed in London terror attack EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Soldier killed in London terror attack EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Soldier killed in London terror attack EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Soldier killed in London terror attack EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Soldier killed in London terror attack EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Soldier killed in London terror attack EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Soldier killed in London terror attack EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Soldier killed in London terror attack EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Soldier killed in London terror attack EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

Soldier killed in London terror attack

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Deathdealer96
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Deathdealer96

Soldier killed in London terror attack Empty
PostSubject: Soldier killed in London terror attack   Soldier killed in London terror attack EmptyWed May 22, 2013 4:13 pm

A British soldier was killed in a machete attack outside Woolwich barracks, London. 2 suspects have been shot by Police. The suspects appeared to wait for 20 minutes until police arrived. The government says they suspect it is a terror attack.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22630303
Back to top Go down
totalwarrior6780
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
totalwarrior6780

PostSubject: Re: Soldier killed in London terror attack   Soldier killed in London terror attack EmptyWed May 22, 2013 4:25 pm

I hope they go to prison for a very long time for this.

My Condolences go out to his family
Back to top Go down
Ninja-Penguin.
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Ninja-Penguin.

PostSubject: Re: Soldier killed in London terror attack   Soldier killed in London terror attack EmptyWed May 22, 2013 4:29 pm

My thoughts go to his family and to those who were affected.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/13thninjapenguin
CaptEdster
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
CaptEdster

PostSubject: Re: Soldier killed in London terror attack   Soldier killed in London terror attack EmptyWed May 22, 2013 5:24 pm

Dam shame.

Prayers to the family of the victim, and I hope the bastards that did this pay dearly.
Back to top Go down
ApplesausGoblin
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
ApplesausGoblin

PostSubject: Re: Soldier killed in London terror attack   Soldier killed in London terror attack EmptyWed May 22, 2013 5:27 pm

Feel bad for the guy and his family, murder by machete would be horrible.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/4581871.stm
BAN 'EM!!!
Back to top Go down
Deathdealer96
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Deathdealer96

PostSubject: Re: Soldier killed in London terror attack   Soldier killed in London terror attack EmptyThu May 23, 2013 9:11 am

This was all of what he has been reported as saying:

"We swear by almighty Allah we will never stop fighting you. The only reason we have done this is because Muslims are dying every day. This British soldier is an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth.

We must fight them. I apologise that women had to witness this today. But in our land, our women have to see the same. You people will never be safe. Remove your government, they don't care about you.

You think David Cameron is going to get caught in the street when we start bussin' our guns? You think politicians are going to die? No it's going to be the average guy, like you, and your children. So get rid of them. Tell them to bring our troops back so you can all live in peace."

Rather worrying if that is true and the police just opened fire. EDIT: Other witnesses have said the suspects were running towards the police with their weapons out.

The Metropolitan Police says police officers arrived within nine minutes of the first 999 call and armed officers were there within 14 minutes

There were two separate attacks on mosques on Wednesday evening - in Gillingham and Essex. Two men are under arrest. Disgusting that people start attacking Muslims because fo the actions of 2 men.
Back to top Go down
totalwarrior6780
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
totalwarrior6780

PostSubject: Re: Soldier killed in London terror attack   Soldier killed in London terror attack EmptyThu May 23, 2013 9:30 am

The actions of individuals against the Muslim mosques is terrible

It makes us look as bad as those men. What shoul happen is the men taken to custody and given fair British Justice
Back to top Go down
SuperShocky
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
SuperShocky

PostSubject: Re: Soldier killed in London terror attack   Soldier killed in London terror attack EmptyThu May 23, 2013 10:55 am

Yeah as a Muslim it really breaks my heart when I see something like this happen. (Albeit nowadays I'm basically an Atheist....)

Please do not link these idiots using the religion for their actions to the general Muslim population, we are absolutely disgusted by their actions. The attacks on the Mosques are sad, although expected, there will always be idiots no matter their religion, views or race.

I know upon hearing the news my local Mosque did have a prayer session for the man killed and his family, they were truly sickened. I'm sure many more Mosques around the world did the same.

Thoughts go out to the man's family, friends and comrades.
Back to top Go down
ApplesausGoblin
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
ApplesausGoblin

PostSubject: Re: Soldier killed in London terror attack   Soldier killed in London terror attack EmptyThu May 23, 2013 5:18 pm

Quote :
The Metropolitan Police says police officers arrived within nine minutes of the first 999 call and armed officers were there within 14 minutes
14 Minutes! My God! I know a way that this could have been stopped much quicker, and this guy may have kept his head.
Back to top Go down
Deathdealer96
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Deathdealer96

PostSubject: Re: Soldier killed in London terror attack   Soldier killed in London terror attack EmptyThu May 23, 2013 5:41 pm

And then they would have been shot while they weren't threatening anyone else. No-one could have stopped them walking up to the guy and killing him.
Back to top Go down
ApplesausGoblin
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
ApplesausGoblin

PostSubject: Re: Soldier killed in London terror attack   Soldier killed in London terror attack EmptyThu May 23, 2013 7:42 pm

Deathdealer96 wrote:
And then they would have been shot while they weren't threatening anyone else. No-one could have stopped them walking up to the guy and killing him.
What kind of logic is that? If you see someone raping a woman, he isn't threatening you, but do you just let it happen, call the police and wait and watch for 10 minutes while she's being brutalized or do you STOP HIM? YOU STOP HIM!

If you see someone cutting someones head off in the street do you just stand there and watch them do it, or if you have the capacity to, do you try to stop him? YOU STOP HIM!

How bad has it gotten in England to where trying to defend yourself or someone else from a brutal murderer is frowned upon. IT'S ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC!

The people in video just stand there and watch, its sickening.
Back to top Go down
splintercellsz
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
splintercellsz

PostSubject: Re: Soldier killed in London terror attack   Soldier killed in London terror attack EmptyThu May 23, 2013 7:52 pm

Couldn't have been said any better.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/splintercellsz?feature=mhum
Deathdealer96
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Deathdealer96

PostSubject: Re: Soldier killed in London terror attack   Soldier killed in London terror attack EmptyThu May 23, 2013 8:30 pm

The soldier had already been killed by that time, and after that, the suspect was not posing a threat to other people, he had made his point and was asking them to call the Police.

Guns would not have made the situation any better, and could have quite easily made it worse. The problem was that the police were slow to respond, but I don't think the gravity of the situation was conveyed properly. From what I've read, the Police were called to deal with an assault.

As one of the Northern Irish politicians has just said on TV, this allowed the suspects to be arrested and now there can be a push for justice through the courts.

EDIT: The man was originally ran over in a car, before being attacked with the weapons, and being dragged into the street. Because they saw the man being dragged into street and the men stayed with him, at first it appeared the 2 men were trying to help him. When they realised the opposite was true, people started to phone police.

The reason they filmed him is because he told them to, and they weren't really in a position to deny him of that.

New video was released today:

Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: Soldier killed in London terror attack   Soldier killed in London terror attack EmptyThu May 23, 2013 10:48 pm

SuperShocky wrote:
Yeah as a Muslim it really breaks my heart when I see something like this happen. (Albeit nowadays I'm basically an Atheist....)

Please do not link these idiots using the religion for their actions to the general Muslim population, we are absolutely disgusted by their actions. The attacks on the Mosques are sad, although expected, there will always be idiots no matter their religion, views or race.

I know upon hearing the news my local Mosque did have a prayer session for the man killed and his family, they were truly sickened. I'm sure many more Mosques around the world did the same.

Thoughts go out to the man's family, friends and comrades.

I once argued with a Muslim about Islam vs Christianity and we got the discussion going about terrorism and what I told him was that these coincidences weren't rare. And that Muslim extremists, while they make up a minority, aren't as "extreme" as we like to think they are. This particular Muslim brought up, "Well, there's Christian terrorism too." This perplexed me...he was referring to the KKK and white supremacy groups...they are nowhere near as big a sect of the Christian faith than Muslim extremists are to Islam.

We hear of terror attacks from Islamic extremists almost daily..."Christian terrorists" are very rare....this is a huge problem, and far bigger problem than in any other religion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.13thmeu.net
SuperShocky
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
SuperShocky

PostSubject: Re: Soldier killed in London terror attack   Soldier killed in London terror attack EmptyThu May 23, 2013 11:01 pm

Not once did I mention "Christian terrorists" or that terrorism in relation to the Muslim religion was a small issue. So I don't see how that relates to anything I said.

I just said not to link them to / or retaliate on the majority of normal people practicing the Muslim religion who despise these attacks as much as everyone else.
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: Soldier killed in London terror attack   Soldier killed in London terror attack EmptyThu May 23, 2013 11:07 pm

SuperShocky wrote:
Not once did I mention "Christian terrorists" or that terrorism in relation to the Muslim religion was a small issue. So I don't see how that relates to anything I said.

I just said not to link them to / or retaliate on the majority of normal people practicing the Muslim religion who despise these attacks as much as everyone else.
And I didn't...I was using to compare how its a much bigger issue with Islam.

My main point was that this is a huge problem for Islam and these people aren't as "extreme" as many people like to think (which is sad that it is, not necessarily what people think).

My whole post was really a statement, not exactly a reply for/of an argument. I quoted your post for reference to what I would say.
Back to top Go down
http://www.13thmeu.net
SuperShocky
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
SuperShocky

PostSubject: Re: Soldier killed in London terror attack   Soldier killed in London terror attack EmptyThu May 23, 2013 11:31 pm

Fair enough, I was just confused as to why I was quoted Wink
Back to top Go down
ApplesausGoblin
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
ApplesausGoblin

PostSubject: Re: Soldier killed in London terror attack   Soldier killed in London terror attack EmptyFri May 24, 2013 12:08 am

This is just crooked as F***. What I'm saying is there had to be people around when they hit this guy with the car, there had to be people seeing them cutting this mans head off in the middle of the street, and there was. The killers were a threat to the man, is that not good enough to justify an equally violent response to stop them from doing it? Even if he's not doing anything, he's a murderer, and I think a man with a gun pointed at them would probably stop them.

Consider this: If a man breaks into your house and is trying to kill your mother and no one else, he isn't a threat to you or anyone else in your family besides her. Is it wrong to shoot the man? I'd say so, but anyways. I'm done here.
Back to top Go down
Deathdealer96
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Deathdealer96

PostSubject: Re: Soldier killed in London terror attack   Soldier killed in London terror attack EmptyFri May 24, 2013 4:19 am

I don't think they actually chppped his head off. No one could have really reacted. And after he was killed. They asked for the police to be called. The public didn't need to take any action other than call the Police so they can be brought to justice. One of the men had a revolver.. If he had been forced to use that, then more people could be dead. Some people confronted the men, violence wasn't needed at that point. AAttackig the men would be dangerous, waiting for the police to arrive would not.

On the religion thing, there have been loads of extremist Christians in the past (crusades) there still are lots now, but I think the difference is that Islamist extremists tend towards violence, which is an issue for Islam which needs to be tackled. Yes they do not represent the majority, and I have nothing against ordinary Muslims, the religion as a whole should work to combat it, and the West should be more careful with its actions overseas. I don't have a problem with any religion or non-violent followers of a religion. Just the problems it seems to create.
Back to top Go down
totalwarrior6780
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
totalwarrior6780

PostSubject: Re: Soldier killed in London terror attack   Soldier killed in London terror attack EmptyFri May 24, 2013 4:50 am

As well as what death said Muslim extremistsis are the minority Id say other religions have done far worse than them

Christians=Crusades/KKK recent catholic sex scandal
Paganism=Roman crimes

American laws and lifestyle is completely opposite to British. I personally prefer British laws as they make me feel safer and I think British Justice is a lot more fairer

I do respect though what extremists say. I can understand to some extent why they are angry and although I disagree with how they protest I do understand why they can be angry it's just the wrong way in which they do things
Back to top Go down
ApplesausGoblin
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
ApplesausGoblin

PostSubject: Re: Soldier killed in London terror attack   Soldier killed in London terror attack EmptyFri May 24, 2013 5:59 pm

totalwarrior6780 wrote:
As well as what death said Muslim extremistsis are the minority Id say other religions have done far worse than them

Christians=Crusades/KKK recent catholic sex scandal
Paganism=Roman crimes

American laws and lifestyle is completely opposite to British. I personally prefer British laws as they make me feel safer and I think British Justice is a lot more fairer

I do respect though what extremists say. I can understand to some extent why they are angry and although I disagree with how they protest I do understand why they can be angry it's just the wrong way in which they do things
Well considering 11,000 people or more were killed by Muslim/Islamic extremists last year I'd say that they are much more extreme.

I have been searching for a while and I haven't found one single article or statistic to how many people were killed by Christian extremists last year. The only statistic that I have found is 7 people were killed in the last 35 years in the US. SEVEN.

The KKK killed 3446 blacks over 86 years. But still, that number is nothing compared to the amount of blacks that kill each other each year. Not defending the KKK just pointing out the facts.

There is plenty of Christian and Islamic extremists in this world but obviously the Christian extremists don't take their violence near to the level of the Islamic extremists.

But there is no such thing as extremism, it all comes from the eye of the beholder. I'm sure there's plenty of you that would probably consider me an extremist, but I wouldn't, it's just my beliefs, and just because they are different than yours doesn't make me an extremist.

We just have conflicting beliefs.

Back to top Go down
GoodnessGratias
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
GoodnessGratias

PostSubject: Re: Soldier killed in London terror attack   Soldier killed in London terror attack EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 12:38 pm

so the terrorist waited for the police to come? He does not sound like a very good terrorist.
Back to top Go down
redviper911
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
redviper911

PostSubject: Re: Soldier killed in London terror attack   Soldier killed in London terror attack EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 12:48 pm

how about we don't revive these threads.. eh?
Back to top Go down
GoodnessGratias
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
GoodnessGratias

PostSubject: Re: Soldier killed in London terror attack   Soldier killed in London terror attack EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 3:20 pm

hahaha
Back to top Go down
ApplesausGoblin
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
ApplesausGoblin

PostSubject: Re: Soldier killed in London terror attack   Soldier killed in London terror attack EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 3:24 pm

GoodnessGratias wrote:
so the terrorist waited for the police to come? He does not sound like a very good terrorist.
Hahaha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soldier killed in London terror attack   Soldier killed in London terror attack Empty

Back to top Go down

Soldier killed in London terror attack

View previous topic View next topic Back to top