13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Call of Duty: Ghosts Reveal Trailer EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Call of Duty: Ghosts Reveal Trailer EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Call of Duty: Ghosts Reveal Trailer EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Call of Duty: Ghosts Reveal Trailer EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Call of Duty: Ghosts Reveal Trailer EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Call of Duty: Ghosts Reveal Trailer EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Call of Duty: Ghosts Reveal Trailer EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Call of Duty: Ghosts Reveal Trailer EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Call of Duty: Ghosts Reveal Trailer EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

Call of Duty: Ghosts Reveal Trailer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
projekt3000
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
projekt3000

Call of Duty: Ghosts Reveal Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Call of Duty: Ghosts Reveal Trailer   Call of Duty: Ghosts Reveal Trailer EmptyTue May 21, 2013 8:22 pm

Definitely an interesting take Infinity Ward is taking. Especially with a futuristic "dog" as your companion throughout the game.

Thoughts? Comments?
Back to top Go down
Austynn
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Austynn

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Reveal Trailer   Call of Duty: Ghosts Reveal Trailer EmptyWed May 22, 2013 1:17 am

It's been confirmed the ps4 and new xbox will be using the new next gen engine IW built for the game, current gen will not. You will be able to slide into cover, peak and lean will be in multiplayer, there will be dynamic maps filled with floods, earthqaukes etc. and you'll be able to fully customize your multiplayer character, all the way from the helmet to the boots.
Back to top Go down
AppleGrande
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
AppleGrande

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Reveal Trailer   Call of Duty: Ghosts Reveal Trailer EmptyWed May 22, 2013 6:09 am

I can appreciate the innovations Infinity Ward are making, but to me they are just playing catchup. Their engine is looking very nice but it seems like their technology is a little late to the party, what with the Frosbite engine being upgraded, the suspected Unreal Engine 4, and other engines like Naughty Dog's engine for The Last of Us. They are just riding the wave of the next gen consoles to show off the new engine that should have been implemented in MW3, in my opinion.

Also, the story seems all too familiar. A highly trained team of spec ops soldiers go behind enemy lines to save the world.

But with friendly puppies!
Back to top Go down
projekt3000
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
projekt3000

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Reveal Trailer   Call of Duty: Ghosts Reveal Trailer EmptyWed May 22, 2013 11:03 am

A brand new engine has been needed for a long time, no doubt about it. Is it playing catch up? Yes. Does that make it interior? Only time will tell.

Sliding, leaning, peaking should have been available years ago for the game but now it's implemented and should help with overall maneuverability and better character control. These things should help with how the game itself (namely multiplayer) operates. Combined with the new engine, it should fix several of the buggy issues the old Quake 3 engine had.

The storyline itself is kind of a complete 180 of how the Modern Warfare series went. That storyline had America still as a superpower but having to fight multiple (namely the Russians) enemies across the globe.

COD Ghosts' storyline seems to focus on just how America has fallen from a superpower. I don't see them skipping across continents on various locations in this game. Like BF4 is trying to do, I believe Infinity Ward is trying to develop more on their characters.

Just my take.
Back to top Go down
Deathdealer96
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Deathdealer96

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Reveal Trailer   Call of Duty: Ghosts Reveal Trailer EmptyWed May 22, 2013 12:14 pm

I'm still going to wait for the game to be released and proper reviews come out before deciding. (Probably will look more at user reviews, big companies seem to have a habit of over praising COD, among other games)
Back to top Go down
Skarbrand
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Skarbrand

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Reveal Trailer   Call of Duty: Ghosts Reveal Trailer EmptyWed May 22, 2013 1:34 pm

I don't see anything spectacularly good about this new engine.
Graphics..Well, as always.
Although I did like the scenery, I bet storyline is going to be the best one I've seen in shooters.
But generally? I expected more. Hopefully, that was just a trailer and in truth things are better.
Back to top Go down
Austynn
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Austynn

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Reveal Trailer   Call of Duty: Ghosts Reveal Trailer EmptyWed May 22, 2013 1:47 pm

I didn't mean to sound impressed or something. Mainly I'm just glad they finally caught up with the rest of the FPS market lol
Back to top Go down
Deathdealer96
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Deathdealer96

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Reveal Trailer   Call of Duty: Ghosts Reveal Trailer EmptyWed May 22, 2013 2:37 pm

Best story in shooters? Metro, Stalker, Half Life, Spec Ops: The Line..need I go on?
Back to top Go down
projekt3000
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
projekt3000

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Reveal Trailer   Call of Duty: Ghosts Reveal Trailer EmptyWed May 22, 2013 11:47 pm

Spec Ops The Line had an incredible storyline, very underrated game.

As far as the storyline for COD Ghosts, I've got to see more and actually play through the game entirely for me to make any judgement about it. It's an intriguing storyline, but I wouldn't put it up there as one of the best from the limited amount I've seen.

Just another note, I've been hearing rumors about COD Ghosts having dedicated servers for all multiplayer games. Not sure how true this is, but it would be awesome if it was.
Back to top Go down
Deathdealer96
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Deathdealer96

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Reveal Trailer   Call of Duty: Ghosts Reveal Trailer EmptyThu May 23, 2013 3:52 am

I think the game itself (Spec Ops) lacked polish and gameplay wasn't great but the story was fantastic
Back to top Go down
SuperShocky
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
SuperShocky

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Reveal Trailer   Call of Duty: Ghosts Reveal Trailer EmptyThu May 23, 2013 4:22 am

Call of Duty: Ghosts Reveal Trailer 922847_373777192726612_369159763_n

I liked this Razz
Back to top Go down
projekt3000
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
projekt3000

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Reveal Trailer   Call of Duty: Ghosts Reveal Trailer EmptyThu May 23, 2013 8:48 am

They talked alot about self-casting shadows from a lot of the objects. I believe that's what you're seeing in that clip Shocky.
Back to top Go down
SuperShocky
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
SuperShocky

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Reveal Trailer   Call of Duty: Ghosts Reveal Trailer EmptyThu May 23, 2013 9:01 am

But that is obviously sunlight, no?

What else would be lit up that much at that angle towards the ground? scratch
Back to top Go down
projekt3000
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
projekt3000

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Reveal Trailer   Call of Duty: Ghosts Reveal Trailer EmptyThu May 23, 2013 9:30 am

Could be indirect sunlight diverted around a bigger tree from atop the canopy. Honestly though, is this really that big of a deal? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Deathdealer96
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Deathdealer96

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Reveal Trailer   Call of Duty: Ghosts Reveal Trailer EmptyThu May 23, 2013 9:32 am

Yeah Shocky, in the COD universe, light doesn't travel in straight lines. Either that or it's one of those big mirror trees Razz

And it might not seem like a big deal, but it just strikes as lazy design work, which might creep into other areas of the game.
Back to top Go down
SuperShocky
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
SuperShocky

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Reveal Trailer   Call of Duty: Ghosts Reveal Trailer EmptyThu May 23, 2013 10:41 am

It may not be a big deal, but it bugs me tremendously! Laughing

Deathdealer96 wrote:
And it might not seem like a big deal, but it just strikes as lazy design work, which might creep into other areas of the game.

This also!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Reveal Trailer   Call of Duty: Ghosts Reveal Trailer Empty

Back to top Go down

Call of Duty: Ghosts Reveal Trailer

View previous topic View next topic Back to top