13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
United Armed Forces scrim thread EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
United Armed Forces scrim thread EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
United Armed Forces scrim thread EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
United Armed Forces scrim thread EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
United Armed Forces scrim thread EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
United Armed Forces scrim thread EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
United Armed Forces scrim thread EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
United Armed Forces scrim thread EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
United Armed Forces scrim thread EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

United Armed Forces scrim thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
[UAF]Renpage
Site Member
[UAF]Renpage

United Armed Forces scrim thread Empty
PostSubject: United Armed Forces scrim thread   United Armed Forces scrim thread EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 5:44 pm

Hey there!

Im from the clan [UAF] and I have been speaking to Blackie a bit about a possible scrim between our two clans (BF3-PC). Seeing as I was instructed to post some info about date and rules and such in your BF3 forum, I think it would be nice to get permissions for that section. This is by no means me applying to join your clan, but is just me trying to get the ability to read and write what needs to be read and written.

//[UAF]Renpage

Last edited by [UAF]Renpage on Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Outlaw
Corporal
Corporal
Outlaw

PostSubject: Re: United Armed Forces scrim thread   United Armed Forces scrim thread EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 5:46 pm

A scrim would be fun too bad I play bf3 on xbox.
Back to top Go down
Deathdealer96
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Deathdealer96

PostSubject: Re: United Armed Forces scrim thread   United Armed Forces scrim thread EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 5:56 pm

You should be able to post in the public discussion. That would be fine.
Back to top Go down
Trister
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Trister

PostSubject: Re: United Armed Forces scrim thread   United Armed Forces scrim thread EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 6:08 pm

< Moved to Public discussions >
Back to top Go down
[UAF]Renpage
Site Member
[UAF]Renpage

PostSubject: Re: United Armed Forces scrim thread   United Armed Forces scrim thread EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 5:53 am

Ok, I now have the permissions to continue here!

Heres what UAF has to say so far!

We have our own basic set of rules that we have played by, but these can be changed to the ESL standards if need be, seeing as they are VERY similar. If they get changed we are very interested in continuing with ESL.

We would like to play a friendly scrim or two first, without us being registered in ESL so that we can get a grip of the situation and the rules to see if ESL fits our style.

I do suppose that the process of us changing our standards could take about a week or two, then it should be quick setting up a date from there! So if you guys atthe 13th MEU would want a certain date in about two-five weeks from now and a specific gamemode, just hit me up and Ill see what I can do!

//Ren
Back to top Go down
Blakhole
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: United Armed Forces scrim thread   United Armed Forces scrim thread EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 6:47 am

It would be nice to talk to you again. Easier to explain.

We don't play through ESL we just play their rules. The server would be set up correctly too. We have a European server for this if you guys don't. If you'd like to explain your rules too, that would be cool.

Take care

Blackie
Back to top Go down
[UAF]Renpage
Site Member
[UAF]Renpage

PostSubject: Re: United Armed Forces scrim thread   United Armed Forces scrim thread EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 11:30 am

I have recieved the rules set up for scrims by one of our members, and they are as follows:

only shotgun allowed 870 with either buckshot or flechette (so no slug or frag).

Only underslung is smoke and lvg

no AEK or M5K or UMP45

infantry only hardcore with squad spawn enabled

One medic per two people one support per three people (the way this works is, divide the total number of people on your team by two or three, and if there's a decimel round down, and that's how many of those two classes you're allowed. This prevents bipod and defib insanity)

No recon. While bolt action rifles are balanced, the gadgets they get are too ridiculous in many instances.

I do believe we can back out on a few rules here and there, but as far as I know we cant back away on them all.
Back to top Go down
Deathdealer96
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Deathdealer96

PostSubject: Re: United Armed Forces scrim thread   United Armed Forces scrim thread EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 12:18 pm

We wouldn't want hardcore I don't think.

Shotguns don't matter to us, we don't use them. M5K is against ESL anyway.

I personally would want AEK allowed, I don't see a reason for it not to be.

Class thing is interesting, Blackie will probably have his own views on these anyway
Back to top Go down
[UAF]Renpage
Site Member
[UAF]Renpage

PostSubject: Re: United Armed Forces scrim thread   United Armed Forces scrim thread EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 9:00 pm

Heres a proposition for a rules-set for at least one scrim.

Gamemode: Depending on the amount of people showing up, it will be as follows:

4-6 people, squad rush.
6+ people conguest.

3 rounds of each, for deciding who will defend and who will attack on last round of Squad rush a round of conquest will be played (not regarding player count)to decide who wins the game.

map: Grand B.

Server setup:
hardcore
infantry only
squad spawn enabled
killcam off
minimap on

Weapon and class restrictions:
Only 50% may play medics (to restrict defibrillator madness)
Only 33% may play support (to prevent bipod madness)

only shotgun allowed is 870 with either buckshot or flechette

Only under-slung allowed is smoke and LVG

no AEK (reason being it is the best gun for this situation, and would give an unfair advantage), bolt action rifles or close quarters weapons.

No flashlight, including on secondaries.

No T-UGS or mobile spawn beacon for the recon kit.

Any underlined rules are by our part NON-NEGOTIABLE. The rest can off course be changed to get things even.

Back to top Go down
Deezius
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Deezius

PostSubject: Re: United Armed Forces scrim thread   United Armed Forces scrim thread EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 9:15 pm

Lol you guys really don't like AEKs hahaha xD

I'm the leader of the BF3 PC NA Division here, and my opinion is that the AEK is a balanced gun for certain close range situations. Just cause a balanced gun would be good in the situation you are playing, is no reason to toss it out.

But thats just my opinion. If this is a EU specific challange pay no attention to me Razz I've just spent good time praciticing my AEK recoil
Back to top Go down
[UAF]Renpage
Site Member
[UAF]Renpage

PostSubject: Re: United Armed Forces scrim thread   United Armed Forces scrim thread EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 7:43 am

Well, I see no problem with you complaining about the AEK, me personally I see no problem with it because the F2000 is better at the situations we would face. Its from my superiors, and Im not allowed to question orders Razz

Also, since our clan is multicontinental, we have a lot of members showing up every time we practice. I was wondering, could perhaps the 13th NA division also participate in this? Seeing as that would possibly guarantee 8 members from both sides?

Oh, and I have a preliminary date proposal, my superiors propose we have the scrim on the 1st of December at 11:00 AM Pacific time (this would be 7:00PM GMT). Mainly this is because most of our members are 'mericans.
Back to top Go down
Deathdealer96
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Deathdealer96

PostSubject: Re: United Armed Forces scrim thread   United Armed Forces scrim thread EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 8:01 am

We could have some NA guys join in, though there aren't many Razz

We would prefer not hardcore I imagine
Back to top Go down
Blakhole
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: United Armed Forces scrim thread   United Armed Forces scrim thread EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 8:30 am

Renpage, I am sorry, there is a rule there I would love to talk to you about. If we could perhaps get on TS and talk, I would be grateful.

Now you know that I want a good, strong and healthy clan relationship but I will not back down on some of these rules. I shall explain why.

For us to have 50% medic is just wrong. None of us play Support in a scrim and so to have us at a disadvantage is just silly. AEK is a very balanced gun, this also will not be removed. The most OVERUSED gun is the M16A3, this also is a very balanced gun.

Now I would love to talk to you guys and maybe your superiors and sort something out. To me, your rules are too constricting. There are some things that I will not comply with and I am sorry that you have a couple in there. I can explain it better over TS.

I WANT to have some good fun with you guys but I can't with rules like that in place. I am not backing out of any possible Scrim, I just would like you guys to be able to play normally. if your superiors don't play with you then they shouldn't have this level of control. Even if they do play, they should be able to see our way of playing. This is a standardized rule set for a reason.

Please let us talk, get something sorted.

Take care Smile
Back to top Go down
Deathdealer96
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Deathdealer96

PostSubject: Re: United Armed Forces scrim thread   United Armed Forces scrim thread EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 8:32 am

You will be able to play more scrims I reckon if you try to use the ESL rules, which are the standard rule set used.

We're not trying to shoot the messenger btw Renpage Smile
Back to top Go down
[UAF]Renpage
Site Member
[UAF]Renpage

PostSubject: Re: United Armed Forces scrim thread   United Armed Forces scrim thread EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 10:38 am

All has been forwarded, I am waiting until my superior goes on so I can speak to him. It is possible that he will bulge and accept ESL rules, but then he might also not.
Back to top Go down
[UAF]JohnnyMacintosh
Site Member
[UAF]JohnnyMacintosh

PostSubject: Re: United Armed Forces scrim thread   United Armed Forces scrim thread EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Alrighty, It is all sorted out now. Blackie is going to post the rules and we should be all squared away. Also, Renpage... you got an interesting way of describing your senior officers... Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.uafclan.com/forums/index.php
Deathdealer96
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Deathdealer96

PostSubject: Re: United Armed Forces scrim thread   United Armed Forces scrim thread EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 5:18 pm

Glad we got the rules sorted out
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: United Armed Forces scrim thread   United Armed Forces scrim thread Empty

Back to top Go down

United Armed Forces scrim thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top